Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I recently acquired a consort lava lamp and it is missing the reflector as many are.  Is it possible to use a reflector bulb instead of just a regular 15 watt light bulb.

Views: 333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So this a picture of Consort lamp I acquired. You can see that the lava looks pretty good in the bottom but there is a bunch of shredded looking stuff floating around and the fluid isn't at the top level.  So just trying to decide which route to take.  Ordered the light bulbs from Amazon that someone recommended and will see how they work out first. 

Tin foil!

The floating shredded "snow" stuff is normal when a lamp hasn't been run in awhile. It's the wax starting to separate. When the wax melts it should mix back in with the wax. 

Thanks, I tried heating it up a couple of times, but nothing happened. Haven't really done much with it yet. Was thinking about replacing the wax and so on. May give it another try since you mention this. Thanks.

benson41011 said:

The floating shredded "snow" stuff is normal when a lamp hasn't been run in awhile. It's the wax starting to separate. When the wax melts it should mix back in with the wax. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service