Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

*edit

Any lamp is fair game now, not just the beatles and harley lamps. This thread has grown far beyond my expectations! 0.0

I really dont understand why these are always listed for ridiculous amounts. I see them all the time for $100 buy it now. I have a harley lamp and I want to sell it because I dont like it. Someone locally tried to sell me a beatles lamp for $100. Are these people nuts? Why do they all seem to list them for stupidly high prices?

Anyways I thought it would be fun to see who can find the most over priced harley davidson or beatles submarine lamp.

I am setting the bar really high.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Beatles-Yellow-Submarine-Lava-Lamp-1999-NEW-BOX...

$274.99 Buy it now.

$26.99 Shipping.

$301.98 Total

Views: 13828

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

An interesting thing about the lamp is it appears to be a midnight starship that had its paint stripped.

matt01165 said:

Hi Autumn,

Can't a girl make a mistake???!!

I do not need to be told what to do.

At least, you should have been KIND about it!

Don't you have anything else to do besides criticizing others?

Wha...? Are you the seller? I was just pointing out that it used to be a midnight starship, I thought it was neat. I didnt even tell you to do anything... I am so lost.

Isabelle Martin said:

Hi Autumn,

Those used to be popular many years ago, Although not that high, they were available probably as "extra lavaworld" parts with a new globe put on it. 

So as far as we knew, they were starship bottoms with a different globe put on it. 

It was not home made as it was available in a few select online stores like that (at around 50ish if I remember correctly). 

It's rarer then a regular starship since it has the custom shield/globe cover. 

Autumn said:

An interesting thing about the lamp is it appears to be a midnight starship that had its paint stripped.

matt01165 said:

It probably wasn't a midnight starship, These were available in very limited quantities a few years ago from one or two online shops. 

Autumn said:

I was just pointing out that it used to be a midnight starship, I thought it was neat. I didnt even tell you to do anything... I am so lost.

Thats neat, now I want one.

WeeboTech said:

It probably wasn't a midnight starship, These were available in very limited quantities a few years ago from one or two online shops. 

Autumn said:

I was just pointing out that it used to be a midnight starship, I thought it was neat. I didnt even tell you to do anything... I am so lost.

Oh I get it, you are upset that I closed your dupe thread. Please do not post in other threads about another thread as it is  not relevant. I was kind about it. Posting duplicate threads in different sections would fall under the category of spam. Read here. If you have an issue with my moderating feel free to contact Mark Goo

Autumn said:

Wha...? Are you the seller? I was just pointing out that it used to be a midnight starship, I thought it was neat. I didnt even tell you to do anything... I am so lost.

Isabelle Martin said:

Hi Autumn,

Hi Autumn,

Rob is right, this is a huge misunderstanding. Let me explain:

I do not mind you telling me I made a mistake. We all do and that is ok. I do not mind you closing my dupe thread. That too is ok. The thing that upset me is the fact that... I don't know you! Since I do not know you, I would have appreciated you greeting me & introducing yourself! From my perspective, it looked like a personal attack. I would have appreciated if you would have contacted me personally.Other goo members do not need to know about this. This is between you & I.

If you agree, let's put all of this behind us. I trust Rob completely and if he respects you, you must be someone special.

Regards,

Isabelle 

Autumn said:

Oh I get it, you are upset that I closed your dupe thread. Please do not post in other threads about another thread as it is  not relevant. I was kind about it. Posting duplicate threads in different sections would fall under the category of spam. Read here. If you have an issue with my moderating feel free to contact Mark Goo

Autumn said:

Isabelle Martin said:

Hi Autumn,

I can vouch that Autumn is good people.  Make that exceptional people.  You're Canadian so we already know you are a nice girl.  Let's just see you two hug it out and move on.

Hi Jim,

I'm all for hugs! And peace! And love!

Ok now, I'm convinced: Autumn MUST be a great girl if two (noble!) men are defending her.

I'm happy it was all a big, fat misunderstanding.

Thanks for your input.

Much appreciated!

P.S. Not only I am Canadian, but I'm also from Quebec. French-Speaking gal. :-)

Jim said:

I can vouch that Autumn is good people.  Make that exceptional people.  You're Canadian so we already know you are a nice girl.  Let's just see you two hug it out and move on.

Some very strange eBay activity going on lately. Many of the same bidders on the four lamps I'm going to post about. I smell a scam. Or a very mis-informed lava buyer. 

A very common (and faded) yellow/red:

Less common, but what thee eff?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service