Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

*edit

Any lamp is fair game now, not just the beatles and harley lamps. This thread has grown far beyond my expectations! 0.0

I really dont understand why these are always listed for ridiculous amounts. I see them all the time for $100 buy it now. I have a harley lamp and I want to sell it because I dont like it. Someone locally tried to sell me a beatles lamp for $100. Are these people nuts? Why do they all seem to list them for stupidly high prices?

Anyways I thought it would be fun to see who can find the most over priced harley davidson or beatles submarine lamp.

I am setting the bar really high.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Beatles-Yellow-Submarine-Lava-Lamp-1999-NEW-BOX...

$274.99 Buy it now.

$26.99 Shipping.

$301.98 Total

Views: 13831

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Another common lamp, with some physical blemishes.

Seller lists this as a red/red, but tells me cap # is a 10 - a clear/red. Not done yet, but this one is already overpriced. 

Some of the same bidders as the others I've posted, too.

I figured that that one was a red/white and they just had no clue, like the people that post a pink/white as a pink/pink, but I agree with being over priced.  There is either some clueless bidders, or they are purposefully running up the votes.

Another oddity. A brand-new-looking purple/red. China lamp. These can be bought from Spencer's for $20 and this one sells for $90 plus shipping? I wrote the seller and said he had it priced too high, but the freaking thing sold! 

Looks like this one got re-listed. Shill bidder or something.

Erin said:

Another common lamp, with some physical blemishes.

I love the look of Mathmos lamps, so I may make this list in order to get my first. If I make the list, I will be the first to admit it on this thread, but I have to get one.  

Matt, you can buy a Mathmos direct from electricplanet.uk - they are quick and stock most new Mathmos lamps. :) I just got an Astrobaby for $115 shipped. 

Just for future amusment hears the screan shot

Wow, the grainy photos are really sealing the deal on that KISS lamp!

I guess you guys can't see quality Crestworth/Mathmos when its right in your face. That lamp was made by Mr. Walker himself. :>O 

Tim Gill said:

Just for future amusment hears the screan shot

$95 faded blue/white! I want to know who is paying this amount for these lamps!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service