Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

*edit

Any lamp is fair game now, not just the beatles and harley lamps. This thread has grown far beyond my expectations! 0.0

I really dont understand why these are always listed for ridiculous amounts. I see them all the time for $100 buy it now. I have a harley lamp and I want to sell it because I dont like it. Someone locally tried to sell me a beatles lamp for $100. Are these people nuts? Why do they all seem to list them for stupidly high prices?

Anyways I thought it would be fun to see who can find the most over priced harley davidson or beatles submarine lamp.

I am setting the bar really high.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Beatles-Yellow-Submarine-Lava-Lamp-1999-NEW-BOX...

$274.99 Buy it now.

$26.99 Shipping.

$301.98 Total

Views: 13828

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lol your my fav person on here Erin lol!!
On top of a $400 price tag, her/his feedback isnt even stellar! Lately, since my purchases have been more fragile, I've learned to pay much more attention to the feedback, especially the shippIng comments. I've bought two eBay lamps... 100% feedback, perfect lamp/perfect and careful shipment. 96% feedback, broken light bulb, bent cap, frayed wires on cord, none of which was in listing or showed in photos.
I had this happen to me on a lamp. Paid full price and when the lamp gets to me, it looks fine..... Then I turned it on, deep nasty scratches and gouges on the globe. It was completely unusable. I write the seller like ummmmmm. He tells me u could see them in the pics. The bright lighted marks. which I thought was the reflection of the flash from the camera. Wasent close enough to see.....

I'm delighted. :)

Metallica man said:

Lol your my fav person on here Erin lol!!

I told the seller that green glitter is something Spencers sold and is China made. So he responds by lowering the starting price of $450 to $400 LOL

I like his tactics. At least he didn't raise it. LOL

The Blob said:

I told the seller that green glitter is something Spencers sold and is China made. So he responds by lowering the starting price of $450 to $400 LOL

People are insane.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1970s-Gold-LAVA-LAMP-Blue-Turquoise...

$300 dollars asking price

&18.96 shipping

Total: $318.96 for a 1974 lava lamp... Wax did not fade much considering it is nearly 40 years old.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MATHMOS-LUNAR-LAVA-LAMP-THE-BIG-ONE-/2810...

600 pounds for this one (967.86 USD). The upside is that there is no shipping charges...as long as you go to the UK to pick it up in person...for "free". From the US, add another 1000 dollars (minimum) for the round trip plane ticket.

Grand total: $1,967.86 (plus cab fare, bus, subway, train and whatever else you need to get there and back)...:P

Sold! Lol

Morbius said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MATHMOS-LUNAR-LAVA-LAMP-THE-BIG-ONE-/2810...

600 pounds for this one (967.86 USD). The upside is that there is no shipping charges...as long as you go to the UK to pick it up in person...for "free". From the US, add another 1000 dollars (minimum) for the round trip plane ticket.

Grand total: $1,967.86 (plus cab fare, bus, subway, train and whatever else you need to get there and back)...:P

Not bad for 600 quid - lunars go from 500-700 pounds depending on condition, if the bottle is custom etc.  

Lunars to the US - you would have to save up a lot, I don't think taking it by person via plane is the best way at all as firstly you cant carry more then 100ml of liquid as hand luggage so that rules out every lamp (even a 8ozer lol) so really you would have to box it and put it in the hold and pray someone doesn't damage it.

Really the best idea to get a lunar across would be to get someone to package it up properly and then use UPS / TNT to freight it across if you.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service