Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hello everyone

Yesterday I was browsing my local vintage emporium store when I found a boxed Crestworth Astro Mini for £20. I instantly picked it up and inspected it and found it to not have the original bottle but a Mathmos Glitterbaby bottle (Which I am now using in my Mathmos Neo). I also found inside the box a late Crestworth brochure / poster which I hope to get framed at some point. As I was walking around with the box I realized something wasn't quite as as expected so I inspected further and found out it was a box designed for a Astro slimline. On most sides of the box the slimline name was sticker-ed over and mini put in its place written by hand in red pen. Not only that the shape of the lamp illustrated was much slimmer in shape and then I realized it was the shape of the Astro Illumination featured on this website by CrestworthLimited.

I have posted pictures of the box in the replies section for everyone to see. Ive searched for the 'Astro Slimline' everywhere and I couldn't find any information on it and I couldn't find any other boxes like this one. Has anyone else ever seen a box like this?

Views: 801

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, what a find. Never seen anything like this before.
Would you consider selling this box?

Hi,

I'm keeping this as the jewel in the crown that is my collection, but who knows in the far far future. I really wanted to post this on here as a way of preserving history and so that everyone knows the intended name of the lamp.

From Grants rare collection, suprised they made a box and first time ive ever seen a box

What a super find....  incredible....congratiolatons...

Have you contacted Mathmos allready..?

It looks like the bottle is a newer model....

As you can see the bottle next to it has the older model... it is slender at the bottom...

Or perhaps this was the first time the newer type bottle was used....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service