Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Custom www.wavemotionmachines.com Caribbean Wave Machine (Blacklight Reactive and Chrome!)

Views: 1725

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Andreas,

Forgive me as I replied to the email address that comes from my website rather than your personal email.  I have responded correctly with payment details now.  Talk to you soon.

I hear ya, I do know that a LL rep told me months ago that she planned to work very hard on trying to re-release the wave machine for the next product line and they were looking into the most cost effective way to make them. But as we all know, nothing holds water with lava lite products. So its nice to know that people who dont want to spend $500 on one has something to look forward too if you do well with this. So keep us informed on your progress when you can. :)

phreaktor said:

I'm hoping at the beginning of Summer.  I'm hitting some kinks with the fabricator of my vessel and a specific electronic option.  I'll be send out the first newsletter this week with my progress and machines that are available.  I'm funding the R&D through the sale of the Lava machines and I'm only one man.  It's a lot of work in parallel with a demanding career, ya know?

Hey Phreaktor whats the word on the store being launched? any idea on when?

That's intersting that she would release that information to you.  At any rate I am catering to a niche market- Professionals, Entertainment industry (Bars/Clubs/Casinos), Film and Television, ect..  While the original Lava Wave Motion Machine is always going to be a cool novelty item, my luxury waves will be more along the lines of kinetic art...  something you would display in a museum lobby, or in the VIP section of a high end club.  The sky is the limit as far as the options I could possibly implement.

Andreas, I received your payment and I will be packing up the wave tonight.  I will ship by Friday.  Thank you very much from www.wavemotionmachines.com.  :)

Dr. WHAT?! said:

I hear ya, I do know that a LL rep told me months ago that she planned to work very hard on trying to re-release the wave machine for the next product line and they were looking into the most cost effective way to make them. But as we all know, nothing holds water with lava lite products. So its nice to know that people who dont want to spend $500 on one has something to look forward too if you do well with this. So keep us informed on your progress when you can. :)

phreaktor said:

I'm hoping at the beginning of Summer.  I'm hitting some kinks with the fabricator of my vessel and a specific electronic option.  I'll be send out the first newsletter this week with my progress and machines that are available.  I'm funding the R&D through the sale of the Lava machines and I'm only one man.  It's a lot of work in parallel with a demanding career, ya know?

Hey Phreaktor whats the word on the store being launched? any idea on when?

Its a long story really but like I said before whatever LL says doesn't mean its going to happen. Well I was hoping that you could make these affordable to the average Joe but i guess that's not going to happen :(


phreaktor said:

That's intersting that she would release that information to you.  At any rate I am catering to a niche market- Professionals, Entertainment industry (Bars/Clubs/Casinos), Film and Television, ect..  While the original Lava Wave Motion Machine is always going to be a cool novelty item, my luxury waves will be more along the lines of kinetic art...  something you would display in a museum lobby, or in the VIP section of a high end club.  The sky is the limit as far as the options I could possibly implement.

Andreas, I received your payment and I will be packing up the wave tonight.  I will ship by Friday.  Thank you very much from www.wavemotionmachines.com.  :)

Dr. WHAT?! said:

I hear ya, I do know that a LL rep told me months ago that she planned to work very hard on trying to re-release the wave machine for the next product line and they were looking into the most cost effective way to make them. But as we all know, nothing holds water with lava lite products. So its nice to know that people who dont want to spend $500 on one has something to look forward too if you do well with this. So keep us informed on your progress when you can. :)

phreaktor said:

I'm hoping at the beginning of Summer.  I'm hitting some kinks with the fabricator of my vessel and a specific electronic option.  I'll be send out the first newsletter this week with my progress and machines that are available.  I'm funding the R&D through the sale of the Lava machines and I'm only one man.  It's a lot of work in parallel with a demanding career, ya know?

Hey Phreaktor whats the word on the store being launched? any idea on when?

Or at least pay it forward.  Phreaktor has been trying to line up every single wave machine that may potentially be available.  I just hope any deals he gets from this site, he passes on to to the community (within reason).  :-D

Someday, some company will step in to fill the void and produce high quality, moderately priced units.  I know I did stumble across a German site awhile back that had some killer looking waves.

Dr. WHAT?! said:

Its a long story really but like I said before whatever LL says doesn't mean its going to happen. Well I was hoping that you could make these affordable to the average Joe but i guess that's not going to happen :(

The german ones were actually $1000 each an looked similar to the unit in the film Diva.  I would love to make them more affordable, but they cost what they do because they are not going to be particularly simple or inexpensive to make.  You have to keep in mind I am engineering these by hand from raw material, not simply snapping premade parts together. (I wish it was that easy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwzJs8NUAkA&list=FLGEVmEuv95d-PN...

Quality wood and acrylic are fairly pricey and so is the fabrication that goes with them...  The vessels alone will cost over $100 each to fabricate and if you can imagine what it would cost to have a quality musicbox like enclosure constructed by a skilled cabinet maker, you can get an idea of why they will cost what they do.  That not even including mechanics, or the circuitry involved.. 

Reverse engineering is a pretty difficult thing to do .  Take a look at any object around you and try to image recreating it from scratch... identifying and sourcing the parts, molds... ect.  I'm not complaining as I am enjoying the process and learning a lot about different disciplines along the way.  And lol @ jim.  :D   Funny thing is I've only bought one wave here.  A violet 3rd generation.

Jim said:

Or at least pay it forward.  Phreaktor has been trying to line up every single wave machine that may potentially be available.  I just hope any deals he gets from this site, he passes on to to the community (within reason).  :-D

Someday, some company will step in to fill the void and produce high quality, moderately priced units.  I know I did stumble across a German site awhile back that had some killer looking waves.

Dr. WHAT?! said:

Its a long story really but like I said before whatever LL says doesn't mean its going to happen. Well I was hoping that you could make these affordable to the average Joe but i guess that's not going to happen :(

BTW, I hate to turn this in to a discussion thread but you guys always make for great convo, haha.  Has anyone ever seen one of these?  I think this thing is awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8GFkc7J9aw&list=FLGEVmEuv95d-PN...

those are magma towers lamps same people who make gookits.

@phreaktor

You're welcome :-)

Cheers

Andreas

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2019   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service