Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Does anyone know roughly how often Mathmos produce white Astro bottles?

Does anyone know roughly how often Mathmos produce white Astro bottles please? I'm down to two, three in one bottles and don't want to ruin those as they are beautiful and flow wonderfully well, better than regular bottles in my opinion. 

I won't bother waiting for a run if it's likely to be the tenth of never. I also wondered if they didn't make them often because maybe with wax alters colour over time? But cream is fine with me if that's the case. 

Thanks for your input :)

Views: 312

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hope so, I'll be buying several bottles if they do and I wouldn't be selling them on. We very begrudgingly spent £100 for one bottle from ebay, felt conned to be honest, but that's how much we wanted to purchase a clear and white globe. I wonder if they don't want to produce white because it changes to a creamy/yellow colour in time? If they put that as a disclaimer on the bottles that would solve the problem. I personally don't mind a creamy colour, so wouldn't mind myself, but it's nice to be able to buy new bottles to have both creamy and white. 

One thing I noticed is that the placement of the lamps does have a great influence on things like fading of the masterfluid and hence probly also on wax colourchange. I always kept my lamps in corners with no direct sunlight but in one corner of the room the masterfluid faded quite fast anyway as this was a place where the sun hit the walls in the afternoon where its more powerful than morning sun. Uv isnt blocked by walls at least not much so I'd recommend placing the white ones either in places with multiple walls between them or maybe just put a sheet of acrylic glass next to them as acrylic is absorbing uv as opposed to usual glas windows.

@ Arne, good tips. Sunlight does fade master fluids and often very fast too, even non direct light as you say.

We have a couple of 3-1 astro bottles, clear liquid, creamy white wax. They are years old now, they've turned a little bit cream when I compare them to the brand-new Mathmos bottle shown in the above photograph, but not a lot and they still look superb when running. The bottle shown above is the second time it's been used, it's beautiful, we're really pleased with it. 

• I recently saw an Astro White Clear for £300 on eBay!

Lol, saw that one. £100 is madness for a bottle, let alone £300

as far as I know UV is also one of the villains turning white wax into brown wax...together with it's evil friend heat...

Susan said:

@ Arne, good tips. Sunlight does fade master fluids and often very fast too, even non direct light as you say.

We have a couple of 3-1 astro bottles, clear liquid, creamy white wax. They are years old now, they've turned a little bit cream when I compare them to the brand-new Mathmos bottle shown in the above photograph, but not a lot and they still look superb when running. The bottle shown above is the second time it's been used, it's beautiful, we're really pleased with it. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service