Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

After extensive testing,  I'm now offering many NEW glitter colors in clear fast liquid.  They are gorgeous!  Here are a few of the options.  I'll post them all below in this discussion and in my videos.

I've also developed replacement slow glitter formulas for the Florence Art, Heat Tapes, Mastercrafters, and Crestworth glitter lamps of the 60s and 70s.  The liquid in these formulas is non-flammable, non-combustible, and much less toxic than the fast, solvent-based liquid. 

To simplify things, both fast and slow glitter liquid are now available at the same prices.  Here are some FAQs on the glitter liquid.

I fill all orders on a first come, first served basis.  I do all of the work by hand and take care to ensure quality.  Please allow 2-3 weeks from payment for delivery.

 

Fast or Slow Glitter Liquid In Containers 

$25 for one quart container (fills 32 oz globe)

$23 each for two or more.

$40 for two quart containers (fills 52 oz globe)

$37 each for two or more.

$140 for eight (8) quart containers (fills 250 oz Grande)

$115 for six (6) quart containers (fills 175 oz Lunar)

32 OZ LAVA GLOBE: ADD $10 each

52 OZ LAVA GLOBE: ADD $15 each *Very Limited Supply

NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE for refilling 32oz and 52oz globes that you supply!

ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING to USA Lower 48!  International, please contact me for a quote.

I prefer payment with Paypal.  My Paypal account is kirkolson@mac.com. 

If you need liquid to refill other size globes or you have vintage globes you’d like me to refill, please contact me for a quote.  My prices are very reasonable.

I no longer refill and ship Grande-sized globes, but I have excellent instructions with pictures if you want to refill a Grande with my containers of liquid. 

 

FAST GLITTER Liquid Color choices: Blue, Green, Red, Purple, Light Blue, Yellow, Orange, Teal, Pink, and Clear 

FAST GLITTER Glitter choices in Colored Liquid:

  • Small Silver Holographic Hexagonal – Looks best in 32oz and 52oz globes
  • Medium Silver Holographic Square – Looks best in 32oz and 52oz globes
  • Large Silver Holographic Square – Looks best in Lunar, Grande, Gemlites, 52oz globes
  • Short Silver Holographic Strand – Looks best in 32oz and 52oz globes
  • Long Silver & Colored Holographic Strand - Looks best in 32oz, 52oz, and Grande globes (use 15watt, 25watt, 40watt bulbs)

*NEW* FAST COLORED GLITTER choices in Clear Liquid:

  • Small Hexagonal: Gold (Holo), Green (Holo), Pink (Holo), Sky Blue (Holo), Ocean Blue (Holo), Navy (Holo), Turquoise, Lavender, Violet (Holo), Orange (Holo), Copper (Holo), Multicolor (Holo)
  • Small Squares: Violet (Holo), Pink (Holo), Sky Blue (Holo), Green (Holo), Gold (Holo), Navy (Holo), Silver (Holo)
  • Small Dots: Green (Holo), Pink (Holo)
  • Medium Dots: Gold (Holo), Ocean Blue (Holo), Silver (Holo)

SLOW GLITTER Liquid Color choices: Blue, Green, Red, Purple, Light Blue, Yellow, Orange, Teal, Pink, and Clear

SLOW GLITTER Glitter choices: 

  • Small Silver Flakes – Best for Florence Art, Heat Tapes, Mastercrafter’s Clocks, Consorts, and 32 oz globes
  • Very Small Silver Flakes -- Best for Crestworth Glitterlite, Lava Lite Glitter Lite
  • *NEW* Small Metallic Gold Multicolor -- Best for Glitterama 

All liquid is non-combustible and non-flammable.  

The slow glitter liquid is very low in toxicity.

The fast glitter liquid is solvent-based and should be treated with caution. Use safety goggles and gloves when working with the liquid, and make sure your work area is well ventilated — turn on a fan. 

Use a funnel when pouring the liquid into your globes.  Promptly close your bottle openings with the plug and cap provided.

 

My shipping address is: 

Kirk Olson

For USPS: PO BOX 1188

For UPS, FEDEX: 11228 Parsons Rd

Manor, TX 78653

kirkolson@mac.com

Views: 22095

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I should have them on their way to you tomorrow.  Thank you!

SAFETYpin said:

Done!  Can't wait to see them!

Hey Kirk,

Are you able to make custom glitter colors upon request?

It would be sweet if you could make a fast moving glitter that looks like Diamond glitter made by Glitterama.

I cant seem to take a good picture of this type of glitter but Gecko's is not bad -> http://oozinggoo.ning.com/photo/cresthworth-rainbow-bottle

This type of glitter looks Awesome and pictures simply do not do it justice!

It could be replicated with your glitter I think if you used clear liquid with 80% gold flakes and the other 20% a combination of red, green and blue flakes.

Is this something you could attempt?

If so I would buy a 32 oz bottle of it and if it looks good I would buy more to fill a Lunar bottle.

Hi Kirk

I have an accent lamp (8 oz) that I would like to fill. How much would you charge to fill a clean and empty accent lamp? I feel pretty good about cleaning and emptying it myself now that have done it! I don't mind paying for filling since I am not the master of your formula and I would rather you cap it!

The accent lamps are fairly useless as lava lamps are concerned... Especially when filled with dark blue fluid. You can hardly see anything... But they would be great as a desk glitter lamp!

Can you describe the glitter?  

I have a Crestworth Nordic -- is it the same size as the glitter in a Nordic?  Kind of looks like very small, skinny short pieces of glitter?  Is it flowing fast or slow?  My Nordic is slow.



MileHigh said:

Hey Kirk,

Are you able to make custom glitter colors upon request?

It would be sweet if you could make a fast moving glitter that looks like Diamond glitter made by Glitterama.

I cant seem to take a good picture of this type of glitter but Gecko's is not bad -> http://oozinggoo.ning.com/photo/cresthworth-rainbow-bottle

This type of glitter looks Awesome and pictures simply do not do it justice!

It could be replicated with your glitter I think if you used clear liquid with 80% gold flakes and the other 20% a combination of red, green and blue flakes.

Is this something you could attempt?

If so I would buy a 32 oz bottle of it and if it looks good I would buy more to fill a Lunar bottle.

Hey, Chuck.

Let me think about that.  I think the mailing costs would be around $8-$10, and I'd probably want another $10 for the liquid. I'd do it for $20. 

ChuckM said:

Hi Kirk

I have an accent lamp (8 oz) that I would like to fill. How much would you charge to fill a clean and empty accent lamp? I feel pretty good about cleaning and emptying it myself now that have done it! I don't mind paying for filling since I am not the master of your formula and I would rather you cap it!

The accent lamps are fairly useless as lava lamps are concerned... Especially when filled with dark blue fluid. You can hardly see anything... But they would be great as a desk glitter lamp!

MileHigh - I think I may have found it.  I ordered some and should have by the weekend.  Can't wait to try it out!

Kirk said:

Can you describe the glitter?  

I have a Crestworth Nordic -- is it the same size as the glitter in a Nordic?  Kind of looks like very small, skinny short pieces of glitter?  Is it flowing fast or slow?  My Nordic is slow.



MileHigh said:

Hey Kirk,

Are you able to make custom glitter colors upon request?

It would be sweet if you could make a fast moving glitter that looks like Diamond glitter made by Glitterama.

I cant seem to take a good picture of this type of glitter but Gecko's is not bad -> http://oozinggoo.ning.com/photo/cresthworth-rainbow-bottle

This type of glitter looks Awesome and pictures simply do not do it justice!

It could be replicated with your glitter I think if you used clear liquid with 80% gold flakes and the other 20% a combination of red, green and blue flakes.

Is this something you could attempt?

If so I would buy a 32 oz bottle of it and if it looks good I would buy more to fill a Lunar bottle.

Thanks Kirk! My little lamp is sitting on my desk at work... so if the snow storm that is coming doesn't prevent me from going to work tomorrow, I will bring it home to empty and clean it out! I will send you payment when I drop it off at the post office...should give me a few days to think about the color!

I am not home to see the globes in person, but the Misses is about to throw one on a base.  My only concern is the liquid looks to be pretty low compared to the cap.  Is that normal?  Will it expand that much when it warms up?  I suppose we'll know in about an hour.

Attachments:
It will expand! Get ready for the glitter show!

got mine this evening, kirk.  wow.  i will post some photos soon!  thanks again.

You're welcome, Brad. I'm glad they finally made it!

Lamps look great thanks Kirk!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2020   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service