Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

After extensive testing,  I'm now offering many NEW glitter colors in clear fast liquid.  They are gorgeous!  Here are a few of the options.  I'll post them all below in this discussion and in my videos.

I've also developed replacement slow glitter formulas for the Florence Art, Heat Tapes, Mastercrafters, and Crestworth glitter lamps of the 60s and 70s.  The liquid in these formulas is non-flammable, non-combustible, and much less toxic than the fast, solvent-based liquid. 

To simplify things, both fast and slow glitter liquid are now available at the same prices.  Here are some FAQs on the glitter liquid.

I fill all orders on a first come, first served basis.  I do all of the work by hand and take care to ensure quality.  Please allow 2-3 weeks from payment for delivery.

Fast or Slow Glitter Liquid In Containers 

$25 for one quart container (fills 32 oz globe)

$23 each for two or more.

$40 for two quart containers (fills 52 oz globe)

$37 each for two or more.

$140 for eight (8) quart containers (fills 250 oz Grande)

$115 for six (6) quart containers (fills 175 oz Lunar)

32 OZ LAVA GLOBE: ADD $10 each

52 OZ LAVA GLOBE: ADD $15 each *Very Limited Supply

NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE for refilling 32oz and 52oz globes that you supply!

ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING to USA Lower 48!  International, please contact me for a quote.

I prefer payment with Paypal.  My Paypal account is kirkolson@mac.com. 

If you need liquid to refill other size globes or you have vintage globes you’d like me to refill, please contact me for a quote.  My prices are very reasonable.

I no longer refill and ship Grande-sized globes, but I have excellent instructions with pictures if you want to refill a Grande with my containers of liquid. 

FAST GLITTER Liquid Color choices: Blue, Green, Red, Purple, Light Blue, Yellow, Orange, Teal, Pink, and Clear 

FAST GLITTER Glitter choices in Colored Liquid:

• Small Silver Holographic Hexagonal – Looks best in 32oz and 52oz globes
  • Medium Silver Holographic Square – Looks best in 32oz and 52oz globes
  • Large Silver Holographic Square – Looks best in Lunar, Grande, Gemlites, 52oz globes
  • Short Silver Holographic Strand – Looks best in 32oz and 52oz globes
  • Long Silver & Colored Holographic Strand - Looks best in 32oz, 52oz, and Grande globes (use 15watt, 25watt, 40watt bulbs)

*NEW* FAST COLORED GLITTER choices in Clear Liquid:

• Small Hexagonal: Gold (Holo), Green (Holo), Pink (Holo), Sky Blue (Holo), Ocean Blue (Holo), Navy (Holo), Turquoise, Lavender, Violet (Holo), Orange (Holo), Copper (Holo), Multicolor (Holo)
  • Small Squares: Violet (Holo), Pink (Holo), Sky Blue (Holo), Green (Holo), Gold (Holo), Navy (Holo), Silver (Holo)
  • Small Dots: Green (Holo), Pink (Holo)
  • Medium Dots: Gold (Holo), Ocean Blue (Holo), Silver (Holo)

SLOW GLITTER Liquid Color choices: Blue, Green, Red, Purple, Light Blue, Yellow, Orange, Teal, Pink, and Clear

SLOW GLITTER Glitter choices: 

• Small Silver Flakes – Best for Florence Art, Heat Tapes, Mastercrafter’s Clocks, Consorts, and 32 oz globes
  • Very Small Silver Flakes -- Best for Crestworth Glitterlite, Lava Lite Glitter Lite
  • *NEW* Small Metallic Gold Multicolor -- Best for Glitterama 

All liquid is non-combustible and non-flammable.  

The slow glitter liquid is very low in toxicity.

The fast glitter liquid is solvent-based and should be treated with caution. Use safety goggles and gloves when working with the liquid, and make sure your work area is well ventilated — turn on a fan. 

Use a funnel when pouring the liquid into your globes.  Promptly close your bottle openings with the plug and cap provided.

My shipping address is: 

Kirk Olson

For USPS: PO BOX 1188

For UPS, FEDEX: 11228 Parsons Rd

Manor, TX 78653

kirkolson@mac.com

Views: 21875

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are absolutely correct Keith, but I completely understand where Astralav is coming from here.  He is probably kicking himself, pondering "could I have made myself some money on my discovery with the slow moving glitter"?  The same goes for many others....

Dr. What - Grande Metallic

• Shawn could have said, I can make you one for $350
  • Shawn shared his experiences and finding with the community

Whoever posted fog juice as a masterfluid replacement

• Could have offered fluid replacement services @ $25/32 oz, $50/52 oz, $100/250 oz
  • Offered discovery to the community free of charge

And there are countless other examples as well.

In the end, I personally don't care.  I do, however, see where Astralav is coming from.  He is saying I just gave you the means to create your own slow glitter formula, but quid pro quo on the fast formula is going to cost me how much?  Bottom line - to each their own.

Keith said:

It is certainly a place for sharing, but it must be voluntary sharing.  I appreciate all of the  information that everyone has shared here and consider OG to be a treasure.  That being said there are others who have developed different formulas that sell their product here without sharing.  Magma Tower goo kits comes to mind as well as Hughes wave machines.  Each contributor must decide for themselves whether to share or sell.

Astralav said:

Am I the only one here to think Oozing goo is a place of sharing?

You should give us the recipe of your fast glitter!

I did that for the slow moving glitter.(propylene glycol).

Man, if you want to do business, go to ebay, not here :-[

Absolutely not!

What you're saying is insulting me!

I'm not that dumb, thank you.

It never crossed my mind to sell "slow glitter formula".
I was happy to share it here, and have no regrets of doing it.

Jim said:

You are absolutely correct Keith, but I completely understand where Astralav is coming from here.  He is probably kicking himself, pondering "could I have made myself some money on my discovery with the slow moving glitter"?  The same goes for many others....

Oh I certainly understand.  For myself I would wish it was shared knkowledge, but I in no way begrudge anyone from recouping a little money for their time invested in research.  And my guess is that with cost of materials and shipping it is only a little money being made.

Jim said:

Dr. What - Grande Metallic

• Shawn could have said, I can make you one for $350
  • Shawn shared his experiences and finding with the community

Whoever posted fog juice as a masterfluid replacement

• Could have offered fluid replacement services @ $25/32 oz, $50/52 oz, $100/250 oz
  • Offered discovery to the community free of charge

And there are countless other examples as well.

In the end, I personally don't care.  I do, however, see where Astralav is coming from.  He is saying I just gave you the means to create your own slow glitter formula, but quid pro quo on the fast formula is going to cost me how much?  Bottom line - to each their own.

Keith said:

It is certainly a place for sharing, but it must be voluntary sharing.  I appreciate all of the  information that everyone has shared here and consider OG to be a treasure.  That being said there are others who have developed different formulas that sell their product here without sharing.  Magma Tower goo kits comes to mind as well as Hughes wave machines.  Each contributor must decide for themselves whether to share or sell.

Astralav said:

Am I the only one here to think Oozing goo is a place of sharing?

You should give us the recipe of your fast glitter!

I did that for the slow moving glitter.(propylene glycol).

Man, if you want to do business, go to ebay, not here :-[

I agree. Kirk is a very generous guy - I can attest to that personally. I also think it's kind-of crappy to put him on the spot, too, when he's here with his discovery. Keith had it right - we've had several people here with "formulas" that have chosen to sell their wares and not share the formula they'd worked so hard on to protect. Did we badger Hughes and MT? Of course not. Why should we? They don't owe us the secret to their hard work and efforts. 

Let's keep this thread on track - the sale of Kirk's fluid. If you want to discuss the concept of sharing/proprietary formulas, please create a separate thread. 

lalalava said:

i just wanna say that kirk is a very generous guy. hes the kinda guy that would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. i don't think its fair to put him on the spot like that.

I don't know Kirk, and I have nothing against him.

Of course he doesn't owe us anything, and have the right to sell his product here.

It is his choice, I would have done differently, but that's me.

I may have reacted a little too fast, sorry.

Not sure what got lost in translation, but I am on your side with this one Astralav.  Sorry if anything was misinterpreted.

Astralav said:

Absolutely not!

What you're saying is insulting me!

I'm not that dumb, thank you.

It never crossed my mind to sell "slow glitter formula".
I was happy to share it here, and have no regrets of doing it.

Jim said:

Kirk would you be willing to sell your formula to us do-it-yourselfers? I've been searching for a formula high and low for years (same with a permanent metallic wax solution)

LOL!  One BILLION dollars!

Dr. WHAT?! said:

Kirk would you be willing to sell your formula to us do-it-yourselfers? I've been searching for a formula high and low for years (same with a permanent metallic wax solution)

OGer's - I appreciate the desire to know this fast glitter formula, but I hope you can understand why I would not want to divulge it.

The costs of figuring this out were not trivial.  I have priced the glitter fluid fairly.  I'm making a fair profit for my time, effort, and investment.

There may come a time when I will let everyone know the formula, but for now, I'm in the business of selling the glitter fluid, and I hope to make enough to recoup my costs and defray the expenses of my habit.  Which as most of you know is on the "intense" side!

We all have a passion for this hobby, and I'm grateful for all the help I've received here.  I humbly submit that I have contributed freely to this cause on several ocassions.

Now, let's get back to celebrating an American-made product that is better than the original.  Who wants some glitter?

Oh my gosh... lost for words... Thank You both so much.  :)

Marley's Ghost said:

I'll half it with you, Kirk, I was going to send him one anyway.   I love my new name of Libby Stardust !!  ;-)) 

Kirk said:

Thanks so much, Pete.  We must send you one over the pond as a "pay it forward" for one of your countrymen's kindnesses shown to me and Libby for bringing us those wonderful Mathmos lamps.

Please message me your address and one of the red ones will be on its way!

Aladdin 2 Lava said:

Pure Stardust... if I lived in the US I would have to collect ALL your colours for my Wizard.... Starting with the red.

I think you're on to a winner here Kirk 

Read your PM's Pete!!!        Libby Stardust.....lol, I love it!!

Aladdin 2 Lava said:

Oh my gosh... lost for words... Thank You both so much.  :)

Marley's Ghost said:

I'll half it with you, Kirk, I was going to send him one anyway.   I love my new name of Libby Stardust !!  ;-)) 

Kirk said:

Thanks so much, Pete.  We must send you one over the pond as a "pay it forward" for one of your countrymen's kindnesses shown to me and Libby for bringing us those wonderful Mathmos lamps.

Please message me your address and one of the red ones will be on its way!

Aladdin 2 Lava said:

Pure Stardust... if I lived in the US I would have to collect ALL your colours for my Wizard.... Starting with the red.

I think you're on to a winner here Kirk 

Kirk said:

Jack - in my testing I used square and hexagonal glitter both large and small sizes.  All of this glitter will flow in my formula, but I think the small hexagonal size produces the BEST flashing flow.  What other sizes did you have in mind?  I'd be happy to make something for you if I can find the glitter.

jack said:

Im wondering Kirk if you will ever make different size glitter?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2019   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service