Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

So I have had this clear glitter Century for some time.  I like the fact that it produces some usable light, but the glitter is beyond lazy.  You have to look closely to notice any movement at all.  I want to redo the lamp.

I am not as brave as Weebo and haven't tasted the contents.  Do I need to be concerned about the "safe way" to dispose of the contents or just dump it and move on?

Should I expect the glitter fluid to leave any sort of residue on the inside of the globe?  I have Brakleen on hand, so that's not a problem.  I would prefer to avoid the buzz via noxious fumes if possible though.  I plan to likely refill with the contents of two 32 oz clear/teal globes if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.  :-)

Views: 654

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If the fluid is USA fluid keep it, especially since its clear! You can use it to top off every glitter lamp you will ever find. If its china glitter I have noticed they do seem to leave a residue on the inside of the globe.

As for disposal...down the drain! The environment be damned! That is unless you participate in those toxic waste collection programs. Treat it like you would treat paint thinner.

Don't taste the fluid... "it's spoiled".

If it's an older globe, it's toxic, if it's a modern globe, it's probably less toxic and very bitter and salty. Don't ask me how I know. 

If it were that toxic to the environment, it would not be for sale (as in the much older gemlites). 

Sorry weebo but had to ask how you knew what it tasted like lol. I never even thought of tasting them.
:)
Really,Weebs?  First you are trying to eat our cats and now I am finding out you are tasting glitter lamps!

WeeboTech said:

Don't taste the fluid... "it's spoiled".

If it's an older globe, it's toxic, if it's a modern globe, it's probably less toxic and very bitter and salty. Don't ask me how I know. 

If it were that toxic to the environment, it would not be for sale (as in the much older gemlites). 

mmmmm gittahhh.... glittahhh!!!!!

I assume there is one specific glitter you prefer?

WeeboTech said:

mmmmm gittahhh.... glittahhh!!!!!
you just made my day!
worse movie ever.....qnd I love Mariah
Someone's up late?
what r u doing up???????
okay, what exactly is the point of tasting a glitter lamp and asking why somebody is not asleep?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2020   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service