Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

well as it seems I wasnt the only one who made a glitterball custom for his lunar. there is one on ebay uk atm and on one of the pics is a very strange astro base...any ideas what this is?

Views: 690

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

what happened? did he find this forum or did you ask on here and suddenly it had 10 bids? to be honest I dont bother if someone who is also bidding on an item tells about it so its an open competition between collectors or like in this case an item that can not be not found when looking for mathmos. what really pissese off is people who never ever buy anything rare or expensive but search ebay every free minute and find "hidden" rare lamps and tell everybody. they have nothing to do with it but spoil a good deal. no it's not forbidden and maybe they even think they are helping but it just pisses me off!!!

The light bulb went off in the seller's head... "Oh, its a lava lamp".  She changed her listing thus putting it on the radar of all the other lava lamp buyers.  Thing was, the ceramic base she described it as an "uplight" was worthless especially without the ceramic purple paw print cap.  She said she would take care of me since I was so helpful, but then the bids starting coming in.  I feared asking about the globe and cap but it wasn't a lava lamp without them.

astralav I guess you are referring to the coment i once left. I apologize, I didnt realize you are in france...in fact for a long time certain lamps could be found cheaply on ebay france but recently prices are much higher. I personally keep such things to myself and only tell people on here If I get to know them a bit better and not publicly...just like the mathmos distribution in switzerland I had contact with...he had a lot of new old stock and I got a some
members on here some sweet deals...then one of em told a former member also from germay and well known by older members about it...he bought it all and sold it on ebay with huge profit before I had the chance to spread the honey evenly...of course without any profit...which proves that some people are just pricks...sorry boardrules...dont have a better word for this

I was just referring to this Lunar bottle.

Arne said:

astralav I guess you are referring to the coment i once left.
oh well nevermind then:)

Strange Astro/Telstar hybrid?

yes something like that...very strange

Thats a really nice globe, to make one now would be quite hard as firstly you would have to find the same colour and decent glitterball bottles (not that easy as they are getting rair) the other option would be a custom but i doubt mathmos would do that now.  

I am sure this was made when the glitterballs were still in production.  

Its just courtesy not to talk about open auctions - espshlie if they are a goo deal and the main thing is not to but a link to it if its open.

mathmos doesnt even know they did glitterballs nowadays:) new masterfluid can be acquired though. but its not just the material...if you never did a refill before, chamces are good to ruin such a big globe as it needs a very calm hand and patience

Ahhh, reminds me of the good old days when ebay's search wasn't very smart.  I would search for "lava lamps" and get 2 for the price of one, or less than because those listings would not come up for a search for "lava lamp".

Jim said:

That is exactly what its all about.  Sellers sometimes just don't know what they're selling.  Stumbled upon a Garfield Icon once listed as a Garfield nightlight.  Once I asked about the missing globe and cap it was all over, but you get the point.

Really, I doubt it, its more that they dont want to admit that they did and then consider bringing back the formular or having anything to do whith it - why I don't know as the glitterball was a fantastic lamp and I am sure it will sell if they bring it back.  

I know the masterfluid is easy to get hold of as its just one ingredent but the wax is another matter.

Why is it harder to refill a glitterball then other lamps.

Arne said:

mathmos doesnt even know they did glitterballs nowadays:) new masterfluid can be acquired though. but its not just the material...if you never did a refill before, chamces are good to ruin such a big globe as it needs a very calm hand and patience

End Price: £310

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service