Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I've been scrolling through local yard sale facebook pages and I found a 27 inch lamp for $40. Talked the guy down to $30. Doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the lamp from what the pictures show. Is this a good deal or could I do better?

Views: 166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like a good deal for a Grande, they typically run about $100 when new. Now if it is an older Giant, that is a steal!

It sounds like a good deal (sight unseen of course).  The lowest I've paid for a Grande is $20, then $25, $40, and finally about $135 (with shipping).  If the glass is good and the base and cap in good shape you could refill it even if the wax is shot.  I would go for it personally.

I just picked it up. It seems in good shape, but I guess I won't be sure until it really heats up. I think someone may have refilled it in the past, the liquid in the globe doesn't seem to be at a high enough level.

Keith said:

It sounds like a good deal (sight unseen of course).  The lowest I've paid for a Grande is $20, then $25, $40, and finally about $135 (with shipping).  If the glass is good and the base and cap in good shape you could refill it even if the wax is shot.  I would go for it personally.

Without a picture, (not that it would matter) you may be looking at a giant-not a Grande

Snag it either way

Giants have a black base and cap and grandes are silver, right? I'm pretty sure it's a grande
Claude J said:

Without a picture, (not that it would matter) you may be looking at a giant-not a Grande

Snag it either way

Actually, Giants were available in black or silver bases.  Silver is almost never seen though.

giantoptions 90s LAVA

I posted because Audrey asked about the base and cap color.

analoghaze said:

I was talking about how the globe is capped.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2020   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service