Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Okay, I thought it best to start a whole new thread for this.

As you know, folks are having problems with cloudy LL's.

I have received a very cloudy Grande from Amazon a few weeks ago and was very worried

that another Grande, which I had ordered from LampsPlus.com would also be cloudy.

Well, I just got off the phone with Paula. They are sending me a new globe to replace the

cloudy one. Also, I received the one from LampsPlus today and its fine, nice and clear.

So, here is the story, it was a manufacturing error, NOT a shipping, weather, etc. but a problem

at their factory.

They have corrected the problem some weeks ago and have been shipping the new ones to

their venders, however, some vendors, such as Amazon, may still have the old stock.

If you want to buy a Grande, please buy it direct from LavaLite (or ask your vendor if they have

the new stock) to assure a nice clear Grande.

In other news, the rumors of new colors for the Grande are false.

Anyone who has a cloudy LL should call Paula ASAP to get a new replacement: 1-630-315-3300

I'm so happy now I could pee myself :)

Views: 841

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your talking about the smart astro. I dont know the smart astro has had some problems i'v heard. I'm gonna go for an astrobaby. Only 1000 smart astros were produced, i think. I know there aren't anymore being made though. :(
lol That figures! It really seemed like a brilliant idea, especially when the day comes that we can't buy Incandescent bulbs. I am going to see what Spencer's has but I may buy an Astro or Astro baby

I dont think the one I ordered from Electric Planet was quite that much, pretty close though, yes they are

expensive, but if not for EP, there are only a few other sources who ship to the US.

James said:

I'm gonna check out Spencers next time I go to town. I really want to get a Mathmos but $120 is a lot of money 

I love LL's concept of a 250oz giant size lava lamp, but why cant the make them well?

When I ordered mine, I was a little suspitious of the cheap price, esp remembering how much

LL's cost back in the 80's and 90's which was the last time I bought one, they were more expensive

back then, so $70.00 for a 250oz giant LL seemed a bit weird to me.

I hate it when someone dangles a carrot!!

Hanging out at Youtube looking at everones Grande's, I havent seen one yet that looked really CLEAR to me!!

Does ANTONE own a really clear one? if so, please post a pic.

I am wondering if these were ever made clear as the older 52oz LL's, these Grande's are just a different animal.

They flow and look different, not better or worse, just different.

If the liquid stays slightly cloudy, I can live with that as long as I can clearly see the lava inside, the liquid does

not have to be clear as water (or am I justifing and lowering my standards!!??)

James Reiche said:

As long as LL still has people willing to buy their products, I fear nothing will change.
If you want a nice "new" lamp, spend what is required and buy a Mathmos. 

http://www.electricplanet.co.uk/

I learned my LL lesson some time ago, and I don't like making the same mistakes twice.

I thought Mathmos was coming out with a new (for 2011) smart Astro which will correct a few minor issues.

My source for this was not exactly the best, so does anyone know the story?

Kempton said:

Your talking about the smart astro. I dont know the smart astro has had some problems i'v heard. I'm gonna go for an astrobaby. Only 1000 smart astros were produced, i think. I know there aren't anymore being made though. :(
or from cool sellers.

Blind Faith said:
It's all about timing and the generation of the China lamps is the best way I can describe it that and hit and miss. I have yet to own a cloudy lamp but most of mine were either bought before cloudy lamps came into existence or just pure luck.
The dude who runs eletricplanet told me some time back that they were suppose to get the grande plasmas in and sell them onthe site. But this was months ago and I havent heard from him since then nor have I seen them for sale on their site. I would love one too! I would love one of those grande fish bubble lamps too.

Stanley Post said:
I havent seen one yet that looked really CLEAR to me!!

Does ANYONE own a really clear one? if so, please post a pic.

I have 3 crystal clear grandes that I bought from Spencer Gifts in person in 2005, but it was a real pain. I had to exchange each one at least 3 or 4 times until I got a clear one with no flaws, because either the fluid was cloudy or had fuzz or lint-like junk floating in it, or the bottles would have scratches on them. I had the store open them up before buying, but you can't always tell till you get it home and running if there are going to be any issues.

Love the 8-track player! 

Thanks James, that's my Yellow Weltron from 1973.

Nice pics. So they really DID know how to make them at one time!! ;)

Does anyone know when this "cloudy" thing first cropped up?

I have seen lamps from 2009 that look clear since my last post.

Paula did tell me it was a manufacturing problem, so I am wondering if it was only one lot of Grande's!?

LOL! this is what mine is SUPPOSED to look like. Nice and clear. And yours is well traveled too, so shipping

is no excuse.

Marcel said:

I got this one shipped from the UK or USA to Germany.

The second one you can see on the left. Clear too. And they are still clear.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service