if the wax won't rise, you can try adding an epsom salt solution to the globe while the wax is in a liquid state. it sounds like the chemistry of your globe is not right.
Looks to me like the wax might be fried. I got a brand new 52 oz lamp from Lava Lite as a replacement for another. It flowed ok for a few months. Then for some odd reason the wax would stick to half the coil and start pulling up water. So I ended up with a mound of wax at the bottom with a stream of lava with a water bubble at the end shooting up every few seconds or so. I ended up twirling it and all of the wax would adhere, but soon again, it would start the same old stuff.
I did a little experiment. I goo kitted it and you know even with the goo kit it did the same thing. So I assumed this was a straight up coil problem. I made my own coils. I threw one I made out of bracelet coil (stainless steel of course) and another I made out of stainless steel washer lint screen material but left the original coil in. This lamp has more damn hardware in it. Now it's one of my best flowers. It's the light blue wax/purple liquid kit!!! I would say to kit it!!
If it don't flow, it gotta go! When in doubt kit it out! Agree with the rest of the guys. With all the work you went through, taking globe apart and redoing what you did, would just kit it! Sure in the end you will be much happier! Good luck bro, keep us up to date!
Ben, don't be surprised if it still does it when kitted. Mine did and I was ready to throw it out the window. I got so frustrated I shook it and ruined it!! Then I calmed down, made 2 homemade coils. The 2nd kit go-around I used the xtra hardware along with the original "bum" coil and now it is an awesome flower!!!