Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I have 6 newer lamps 17 inch. 7 70s lamps 5 are 52oz ones.  And i was thinking of buying ome of those huge Grande lamps.. but reviews of this lamp seem pretty bad.

cloudy water and so forth i imagine from shipping so ill ship it via amazon prime so i should get it in 2 days to minimize that..  But other reviews mention the dye in the water always disapears after a few months and the lava stops flowing after like 9 moths.

Seems pretty crappy for near 100$...  What are your guys experiences ? 

Views: 2168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, that sucks even more that it was shipped by amazon direct from their warehouse. They must have total assfats working in some of their warehouses. How they let that get out the door is baffling.

While I don't necessarily agree with canceling your card to give them the finger, I am a person who would raise utter hell to make sure I got all my money back and some type of compensation from amazon but again I don't do business with them so I don't know how far you can push it.

I see it this way, get back your money, move forward with your life and don't buy from them anymore.

Lamp lamps are fickle items, don't get to bogged down with the situation :)

Ill ask if i can get my money back and keep one of the lamps.

well see what happens.. But yea im bold ill do what i said..Lol im just a no bs kinda person... got it from my mom sadly lols

Okay got my 2nd grande..  It isnt the lava light company i dont think.  It has to be the companies like amazon who ship these things.

Again amazon tosses it inside a massive box.. no padding so its slamming side to side..  But this time, the lava lamp box is inside another box (in the middle) and this box is from the lava light company and it says all over THIS SIDE UP, DO NOT TILT, THIS SIDE UP, Fragile with broken glass pictures and so forth

But you cant see that box because amazon tosses it inside a massive box..  Freaking morons.

Thankfully this lamp is very clear... Not only that its actually purple.. the other cloudy one is pink.. has its light bulb and the base and top arent dented

The bulb is usually tucked into the opening UNDER the top foam insert and taped there.
Its easy to miss
take the best parts and return the rest

The first one, the bulb wasnt there in the foam top, the tape was there, and the bubble wrap but the bulb was missing. 

I called amazon, and emailed them pictures of these boxes they are tossing the lamps inside..  The guy on the phone was shocked and laughed and said why would they put it inside such a large box and whats that paper for ?  I said its for padding lol and he laughed...

He said he was sorry they poorly packaged both lamps and he told me i can keep both lamps, they wont charge me for the 2nd one, and he also gave me a $20 gift card on my amazon account.  He will foward the pictures and information to whomever i guess is in charge of shipments to try and fix their poor packaging Job..

So i got two grandes for the price of one, but i need to figure out what to do with this cloudy one..  Either cycle it for a week or so.. and hope it fixes itself.. Or drain it and refill it and redo the liquid.  I'll probably do that and dye it a different color like maybe blue or something

the newer ones do not require PG as an additional specific gravity adjuster.
You might get away with just adding distilled water and food color?
Guess I'll use Amazon for my next grande purchase

if you want to experiment with color change, let me know
I have a few pre-wired kits available

PG ? sorry not up to date on acronyms ?  Wont i need a surficant though ?

propylene glycol

So they dont need a surfactant ?   You sure ?  Because the water is bubbly which to me means it has that in them and the smaller 17 inch lamps ive redone if i didnt use it the wax wouldnt blob off itself when going up and down they would combine together.

What color water do you think would look good with this bright yellow wax though in the grande

As for the prewired kit offer, thanks but ill just mix a color myself using food coloring.  I did that with this lamp and it came out pretty good i think ? 

yes you should add some

the glass will be coated but best to add some to make sure nothing sticks 

the amount of SURF will determine if the lava is bubbly or stringy

I see, hrmm i like the snake stringy looks like the older 70s 52oz lamps seem to do.. (least the 4 i have do that)..  I see ill have to figure out how much it will take for this grande... since they are so damn big

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service