Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I have 6 newer lamps 17 inch. 7 70s lamps 5 are 52oz ones.  And i was thinking of buying ome of those huge Grande lamps.. but reviews of this lamp seem pretty bad.

cloudy water and so forth i imagine from shipping so ill ship it via amazon prime so i should get it in 2 days to minimize that..  But other reviews mention the dye in the water always disapears after a few months and the lava stops flowing after like 9 moths.

Seems pretty crappy for near 100$...  What are your guys experiences ? 

Views: 2168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I cant make this shit up man..  I really thought the 2nd one and keeping the first was it, and the general email thing goes to all reps.... so my reply back explaining the poor packaging to the guy who blammed UPS.. suddenly gets me a 3rd one ??? Then 2 hours later another email for a full refund.

I've heard of amazon giving defective items or what not to the customer and replacing them but ive never heard of this before

Look see

Ok i went to Ace Hardware since i already know lowes and home depot dont sell nornal light bulbs anymore except for appliance 20-40w bulbs.   

ace didnt have them either.. 100w bulbs arent made or sold anymore due to laws in the states..  So i might buy some online to stock up.. Anyway i couldnt find a shorter bulb or even a 100w to begin with lol but i did find a shorter lamp pillar thingy i forgot the name..  I measured my original one like you said to do claude and its 3 1.4 inches long and the new one is 3 inches and its threaded fully so i can make it any length i want basically by threading it further down..  This should work to lower the bulbs in ny grande..  How far down should i go ? 1.4 or 1.2 an inch or 3.4 or 1 inch ?  

1/4" to 1/2" below the rim

Try Walmart

been to walmart many times recently for light bulbs for my light fixtures in the house and all they sell are LEDS they dont even have the spiral cfls anymore :- /.

Ok ill drop it 1.2 inch first and go from there.  

I decided to lower is 1.2 of an inch from its previous position.  Its below the circle now.  Before it was sticking out.

Since the glass is dome shaped underneeth.. And its below the circle the light bulb should be 1.2 an inch away from it now.

what do you think ? Here isa pic.. 1st pic is after 2nd is before.. Need to get some blue thread locker so it doesnt keep unwcrewing and screwing in if i change the light bulb

ť

Looks a lot better

You can simply use a nut to lock the socket onto the threaded rod too

these socket rods i cant find a nut to fit them.. m10 1.0 is the closest i can find but it wont fully thread in.. m10 1.25 and 1.50 wont thread at all

and standard 7.16th is the closest size for standard and non of those nuts will fit either.

So thats kinda frustrating.. As i had to use the nut on the 2nd lamp to hold the socket rod inside on the bottom of the base and the other nut on the outside of the base.

Pita man lol

CHECK the lamp section of the home improvement store, NOT the hardware section

lol ok i see there special nuts.. i got em.. thanks

K i did both lamps now. Im sure ill have to do 3rd tomorrow.  So well see

so what does the bulb being too high do ? 

crack the globe

burn the lava

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service