Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I Can Take No More - Colossus Goo Kit Project (Sorta')

I've tried different coils, removing the small coil, putting in new custom coils, slowly warming the wax for weeks - still my Purple/Pink has not responded.  

It is just too sensitive to temperature changes in its environment - meaning it only runs well in a very narrow temperature range.  I'm convinced its the bloody wax.

So, I've drained the liquid, and I'm in the process of melting the wax on the base.  My plan is to goo kit it with clear liquid and that pretty neon blue everyone likes so much.  This should be fun!

Views: 11166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We obviously crossed in the "mail," Kirk.   I just saw it!   Thank you for explaining that. 

Kirk said:

See my previous reply, Libby.  :>)

Sorry I'm late to see the results, but AMAZING! I am really impressed with your dedication, tenacity, and your results, Kirk!

Oh, and it took the contents of 8 of these glitter lamps to fill a grande, which is 2 gallons, so it would take 40 of them to fill a colossus. (@_@)

It would look totally amazing though! The biggest glitter lamp in the world, probably!

I am so sick of my purple/yellow Colossus that I'm willing to make it into a Glitter Colossus! A blue glitter Colossus, to be exact.  All I need is a formula for the fluid... and some glitter, of course.  I'd hate to kill 40 glitter lamps to get it to work!

I wonder if it would be possible to convert it to a Colossus glitter vortex with blue LEDs and a suction-style aquarium pump (pump outside the glass, impeller inside). That would make it a Glitter Volcano.. Colussus GlitterCano? Do the vortex lamps use water? That would be the easiest.  Am I crazy?

Or maybe the impeller from a vortex... that would make a much lazier flow in a large lamp, which would be a plus...

I have had NO LUCK at all with dishwashing detergent or bubble solution , it ALWAYS  ends up cloudy ! I did finally order SLS from ebay . I just finished 3 lamps and ALL  are crystal clear !! I didnt use salt i used glycerin . Honestly I would tell anyone to NEVER use dish soap or bubble juice  , yes i can get movement but i have always gotten big round blobs or sticking and cloudy . I will run these 3 for a few more days to see what happens but I am so much happier with glycerine in the liquid  and SLS .

Oh my goodness where on earth did you get one sooooooo freaking big I want one lol. What an amazing lamp

Kirk has two or three of those lamps, Shelley.  That's a Colossus. 

I do realize I'm incredibly late to this discussion, and forgive me but I don't feel like reading through 21 pages of comments lol before I ask my question. I assume you've tried a dimmer switch?

Doug, these are Kirk's lamps and he gooed them, a freakin Colossus, actually two of them.   Goo History again.  We had a ball watching him for two nights. 

The Colossi come with a dimmer switch. And we've been around the block with these damn things. If you think 21 pages is a lot, check out the "Colossus lamps available!" thread. Short of the heritage lamp thread, it may be the longest thread on here...?

Doug Ditzel said:

I do realize I'm incredibly late to this discussion, and forgive me but I don't feel like reading through 21 pages of comments lol before I ask my question. I assume you've tried a dimmer switch?

Oh damn, well I've never had the pleasure of owning a colossus so I didn't realize they had a dimmer installed. And yeah, I did actually take a look at the Heritage thread and realized its a mile long. Well best of luck Kirk on this project.

This one's been done a long time, Doug!   LOL   He fixed both of them.  

Ohhh, well, don't I look silly. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2019   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service