Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Alright.  I know, Erin.  I should have waited, but I had to have it.  Please don't tell anyone, but I'm so excited!  :>)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300900133987?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_...

It had just been listed and I asked the seller about spray, motor, color wheel, and other condition issues.  He sent me extra pictures along with an excellent response.  So, I pulled the trigger.

This is now my new record amount paid for a single lamp.  The prior record was for Erin's Mystique which I love and get compliments from everyone that sees it.

Any lamps get you into trouble?

Views: 445

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And to think it was Kirk who gave this newbie the advice to "take it easy???"   SNORT!!!!!!

Hee hee. We don't stay noobs for long. 

I think I am learing that-----fast, Erin.  LOL

Ooh, you could put a lot of lamps in there ;)

Erin said:

Seriously, I could have made a nice dent in the three-season porch I want...

With no lava for it!?

Erin said:

I for one am no longer a boob.....noob!!!

Erin said:

Hee hee. We don't stay noobs for long. 

I mean really how many lamps does one person need?! I don't think it's 70+...

:)

Metallica man Trevor said:

With no lava for it!?

Erin said:

Yeah, I was told I paid too much for mine. $200 shipped. It was mint. Been stored away in someone's attic for 20 years. Not sure if these have doubled in price nowadays but if you love it and you got the bucks, why the hell not. Enjoy!

I like your attitude, Deb.  

I believe my entry into the lava/glitter/Fantasia market is at a point in time when the economy is on the rebound (good thing) and folks are spending again.  Law of supply and demand.

I'm still looking for that $30 Pink Giant deal, tho!

Stay up till the wee hours of the morning like this night owl does, and I might find you one, Kirk.......then again, sorry, if a Giant comes up on a 30 buck BIN, I'll snag it.   LOL

Libby, I hope you get a Giant!  

Of all the lamps I have now (and you know, I have several), my Pink Giant is hands down/no contest - my favorite.  I want more Giants!  Too bad they only made 1000 or so of them.

Oh, wait - I should give an honorable mention to my red/clear Colossus.  It too, is spectacular!

Ummm... Should also mention Erin's Mystique glitter -- so nicely conceived and the glitter flow and color are  something to behold.

And then there's the Confetti glitter - a sweet, sweet, sweet flashing red and blue beauty!

I apologize if I've left anyone out...

Thanks, Kirk, maybe one of these days.  We can only hope.  I read that entire thread of discussions and looked at all pictures back when you all were getting the Colossus.  I never in my wildest dreams would have thought a lamp that big was ever made.  They are gorgeous.  So glad you got one!   I'm not even sure I would know what a Giant looks like, but would definitely  recognize the Colossus!  It is probably taller than I am.  I have never seen the Fantasia stuff, but am sure I would freak out.   Hubby and I bought a really cheap little Christmas tree decoration at the Dollar Store a few years ago, and you would have thought we were kids it fascinated us so much.   LOL   Just plastic fiber optics, but we loved it.

P. S.   Just ordered that MSR Autoflow Gravity filter.  My milk lamps best beware of me, although I have no idea how to get that "white chalky" junk off the wax.   Reckon just swishing water in the empty globe with the hardened wax still in it would get it off?   It is both on top of the wax and under it.  UGH

Kirk said:

Libby, I hope you get a Giant!  

Of all the lamps I have now (and you know, I have several), my Pink Giant is hands down/no contest - my favorite.  I want more Giants!  Too bad they only made 1000 or so of them.

Oh, wait - I should give an honorable mention to my red/clear Colossus.  It too, is spectacular!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service