Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Alright.  I know, Erin.  I should have waited, but I had to have it.  Please don't tell anyone, but I'm so excited!  :>)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300900133987?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_...

It had just been listed and I asked the seller about spray, motor, color wheel, and other condition issues.  He sent me extra pictures along with an excellent response.  So, I pulled the trigger.

This is now my new record amount paid for a single lamp.  The prior record was for Erin's Mystique which I love and get compliments from everyone that sees it.

Any lamps get you into trouble?

Views: 445

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is the white, chalky stuff underneath the wax, Libby?  I still have some white powdery stuff underneath my Mediterranean wax, but since I didn't want to push it, I left it alone.  It's still there on the bottom and hasn't gotten into the liquid.  

If the white stuff is on the bottom of your lamps, I'd probably leave it be - at least at first.  I'd see how they look and flow after the filtering before doing anything else.  I'm finding one thing at a time seems to be the best approach with these lamps.

Good luck lol :-)

Kirk said:

I like your attitude, Deb.  

I believe my entry into the lava/glitter/Fantasia market is at a point in time when the economy is on the rebound (good thing) and folks are spending again.  Law of supply and demand.

I'm still looking for that $30 Pink Giant deal, tho!

Yes, it is both on top of the wax and under it, Kirk.  I have had them both off for 2 weeks, after cycling them for quite some time.  I fired them up today and literally watched that white stuff start coming out into the water.  It looks like tendrils of smoke just boiling up into the liquid and then "milk."  I don't think it is in the wax, just on it and under it.  It's gross and these lamps are too nice to look like this.  Not throw-aways at all.

Kirk said:

Is the white, chalky stuff underneath the wax, Libby?  I still have some white powdery stuff underneath my Mediterranean wax, but since I didn't want to push it, I left it alone.  It's still there on the bottom and hasn't gotten into the liquid.  

If the white stuff is on the bottom of your lamps, I'd probably leave it be - at least at first.  I'd see how they look and flow after the filtering before doing anything else.  I'm finding one thing at a time seems to be the best approach with these lamps.

Well, hopefully most of it will flow into the filter with the liquid.  I hope it works as well for you as it has for me.

LOL, I have never filtered a lamp in my life.  But I "always" read instructions.  Might be hollerin at you all too!!!  :-)

Please holler if you need help.  It's really pretty easy - let the wax harden, pour the liquid in the filter bag, and watch it come out clear! (just be sure to catch it in something - ha!) Sometimes my bag needs a little squeezing to get the flow going, but no big deal...

Sounds like a winner, but I'll pass out if I see "clear" liquid coming out.  :-)   Thank you for the "holler invite."  I might very well be takin you up on it!   Just for that kindness, I'm not going to challenge you on an item we are both after on ebay. LOL  

Kirk said:

Please holler if you need help.  It's really pretty easy - let the wax harden, pour the liquid in the filter bag, and watch it come out clear! (just be sure to catch it in something - ha!) Sometimes my bag needs a little squeezing to get the flow going, but no big deal...

Do you like Chad's Jack, too?

;-)  But I know when to fold em.........hahaha

Kirk said:

Do you like Chad's Jack, too?

You have good taste!  Would expect nothing less from a Tennessee gal!  Seriously, that's a lamp I want to own.  I may not get too - it has its admirers... 

I am sure it does have many admirers and I "was" one of them........Yep, Black Jack is Tennessee's finest.  Other than our moonshine.  LOL  I don't drink anything but water and Diet Coke, but everyone else sure loves it.   I do have some BJ and shine too, but just for mementos.   Daddy was in some club Jack Daniels had, and they used to send him all sorts of things.  I can't mention one of them in mixed company. LOL   But it has to do with a coon.  (Please remember in East TN that is what we call RACCOONS, that is NOT an ugly word.)   I also have a set of small tumblers they sent him with their logo on it.  They sent him a deed once for an "inch" of land in Lynchburg.  Hahaha  So now I am a "landowner" there too.  Go for it, Kirk, I bow out. 

Kirk said:

You have good taste!  Would expect nothing less from a Tennessee gal!  Seriously, that's a lamp I want to own.  I may not get too - it has its admirers... 

When you filter you want to get all of the "Master Fluid" aka water out of the globe and filter that.  While that is taking place get distilled water and rinse out the globe to get rid of the excess "white chalk".  If it hasn't combined with the wax by now it won't.  

Marley's Ghost said:

Yes, it is both on top of the wax and under it, Kirk.  I have had them both off for 2 weeks, after cycling them for quite some time.  I fired them up today and literally watched that white stuff start coming out into the water.  It looks like tendrils of smoke just boiling up into the liquid and then "milk."  I don't think it is in the wax, just on it and under it.  It's gross and these lamps are too nice to look like this.  Not throw-aways at all.

Kirk said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service