Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I'M SO DONE WITH SPENCERS LAMPS - LOOK AT THIS TRASH!!!!!

So I see they have 2 orange/black 52 oz'ers in stock which I originally wanted the last trip I made but they were out of so I got the pink/white.  I think WOW I got Halloween lamp.  1st one had white fluff in it and what looked to be like metal pieces on top of the what is supposed to be jet black lava.  Open tube 2.  Same issue.  Ok, so I see a green/black.  I figure oh well, I kind of wanted that color too.  Open up the ONLY green/black, sales guy says, "same thing"!!!!  Now another member of OG just got 6 or more lamps at his Spencer's in Pennsylvania and they were fine.  So, I'm sending the pics to Spencer's HQ along with a not so nice email that this is my 3rd trip of 1 1/2 hour drive only to look at lamps that have MAJOR issues.  Also, I'm forward a cc to Susan at LL.  This is ridiculous.  I'm making my own from now on.  Oh and the globes looked like starry starry nite too!!!  Look at these pics!!!  What even is this??

Views: 1574

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know Rick!!!  You pay for the lamps and then you have to pay again, and take the time out to goo kit them or trash them!!!  I went to Spirit of Halloween last night and got into a discussion with the sales girl about lava lamps.  Spencer's owns them and we got into a chat.  She commented, "well, yeah, but they are like only 15 bucks now!!!  I said, "um, no, not for a 52 oz or larger"!!!  "They are like 27.00 and who wants to spend that for something that isn't going to work"???  That's the mentality now adays I guess.  The "who cares" mentality.  That's why quality in our products is so subpar.  Nobody cares.

Yep, that's it. Nobody cares. It's really sad. She works for the company that is the biggest distributor and is clueless. Sign of the times I guess but sad knowing the way things were. 

Carol Morrow said:

I know Rick!!!  You pay for the lamps and then you have to pay again, and take the time out to goo kit them or trash them!!!  I went to Spirit of Halloween last night and got into a discussion with the sales girl about lava lamps.  Spencer's owns them and we got into a chat.  She commented, "well, yeah, but they are like only 15 bucks now!!!  I said, "um, no, not for a 52 oz or larger"!!!  "They are like 27.00 and who wants to spend that for something that isn't going to work"???  That's the mentality now adays I guess.  The "who cares" mentality.  That's why quality in our products is so subpar.  Nobody cares.

AGREED!!!

Carol, it's not uncommon for the wax to look weird in a lamp that has not been used for a long time.  I have purchased several USA lamps where the wax looks like the one below and they had no problems.

Yea, I've seen weird looking wax too Keith.  The thing that had me buggin was the white fluff that was floating around in the fluid.  I've learned that sometimes that white fluff not only doesn't go away, but it can cloud it up.  That and the fact I'm sick of having to take the drive back up there to return them.  So I just said oh well, I'll do without. 

Oh hell yea, the vintage one i would definitely buy!!!  I was talking about those funky spencer's lamps!!!  I don't even think the wax looks that bad in the midnight.  I've seen a lot of new wax like that or wax that hasn't been run much.  The white Styrofoam looking fluffy stuff in the spencer's lamps did it for me, lol!!!

I gotta make a visit to your Spencer's Analog cause mine sucks!!!!  I haven't been up there in awhile, but I have a feeling that they didn't change anything.  They said they were redoing their lava section though.  Weird thing is corporate is a spit from them.........

I recently had similar issues with two 52oz lamps i got from spencers in MI. I got them home and "starry starry night" as you said. They were my first purchase since the 80's. When i took them back i was told that store policy is refund on a gift card since i paid w cash and not a credit card! So what a crock- once you spend cash they keep it, as if i want to go back to that silly store.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service