Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I'm taking a collection - disaster relief for Weebotech (Rob)

Weebotech (Rob) has lost nearly everything due to Hurricane Sandy. :( House, car, all of it... wrecked. Rob has been an amazing friend and acquaintance to many of us here. I can personally attest to his caring nature and kind spirit. Many of those (including Rob) will not have any sort of financial help from insurance as this was a flood, and people don't tend to carry flood insurance when you live in a place that doesn't flood. 

I'm going to keep this short and add details as I know them, but I'm taking up a collection. If you'd like to donate, please contact me via PM and I'll give you my Paypal addy. 

All donations will go to Rob. Period. I will keep a list of all donations, but will not post anything here in terms of amount. Maybe a total when we're done. 

Any amount helps. A huge thanks to Kira for keeping me informed and getting this started. I'd like to leave this open for at least a few weeks, making disbursements to Rob as soon as we get enough funds. 

Some of you are FB friends with Rob - you can see pics of the damage there and contact him, if you'd like. 

Have questions, ask away. Let's get this started and help our friend. 

Views: 2182

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Unforantly the green jet dident sell (mabie i priced it too high) but I have put it on again, it is at a lower starting bid though but as I said if / when sold I will get all of what it makes to you Rob.

Update from me - I have sold the Jet for £26.00 so you have 41.37 dollers (probably more) coming to you Rob as soon as the buyer pays up :)

I hope this can help in some way.

Thank you, I appreciate all the help the goo heads have provided. It has enabled me to purchase decent clean clothing.
FEMA has provided some assistance for rental relocation, but nothing for personal property.
I take it one day at a time.  

In being fairly new to this forum (I believe since only end of May beginning of June), and living in Cape May County through Hurricane Sandy, I just wanted to know if anyone knew how Weebotech (Rob) is doing or if anybody has heard from him?  My town was evacuated but I decided to ride out the storm with my 5 dogs and thankfully except for some missing roof shingles we were spared.  Unfortunately most in my surrounding areas were not so fortunate.  When I read this thread I was heartbroken and didn't feel that I knew anyone enough to ask.  So as I am sitting here today going through some older threads I was thinking about how many that I know from living at the shore that are still sadly displaced and was wondering if he was ok. 

I am alive and well, thanks for asking!

I had to move to Coney Island in Brooklyn.  It has it's pros and cons. 

Unfortunately, the new place does not have enough room to collect and display lava lamps :( 

We'll see how it works out when I move back to Rockaway Beach next year!

If you have any lamps that need a foster home Rob, you know you can turn to me. 

WeeboTech said:

I am alive and well, thanks for asking!

I had to move to Coney Island in Brooklyn.  It has it's pros and cons. 

Unfortunately, the new place does not have enough room to collect and display lava lamps :( 

We'll see how it works out when I move back to Rockaway Beach next year!

They are buried in other belongings at the bottom of the closet. I'm too lazy to clean the closet. <loved that icon> 

aaahaa Rob!!!  I was trying to look and see if you had posted lately (nope, not stalker status, lol).....but being new to this site, i'm still finding my way around.  Stayed through Irene and Sandy and gotta say.......scary stuff.....So just wanted to reach out.  Glad you're ok!!

Well a while on from when it happend glad to know you got somewhere to stay for now, hopefully in time the collection will be back on display
I would did that icon out though - certainty worth the effort
Shit, so sorry weebo!

I Lived!!!!
I am alive and well today!

Yay! :) Did you move back yet?

WeeboTech said:

I Lived!!!!
I am alive and well today!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.