Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

... and I created a rather nice clear/deep purple Astrolamp!!!

Views: 189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Photo's to follow...took a few quick snaps today but it looks dull pinky/violet... Its so hard to capture the colour...grrrrrrrr.

Try again on Monday (spring bank holiday here in the UK) ... got the in-laws coming for the day tomorrow... UGH!!!

from scratch? your lamp has cleared stage 1,5...sanding, primer and base colour one is applied...base color2+3 will be the chanllenge this time...tuesday :)

Not from scratch... a clear/pink and a blue/blue Astro.

Finger over the end of a drinking straw while both lamps were flowing adding blue wax to the pink globe until I got the purple... very trial and error... it looked shit to start with and thought I ruined a decent globe but kept on adding more blue and voila... purple.

Thanks for the update Arne... when your ready, there's no rush!

Arne said:

from scratch? your lamp has cleared stage 1,5...sanding, primer and base colour one is applied...base color2+3 will be the chanllenge this time...tuesday :)

That is a hard one to capture Pete!!!  I tried to take several of my white goo/purple liquid and it shows as fushia/pinkish.....it's weird.  If i shut the lamp off and try to snap some shots it's too damn dark because of the purple liquid.  Good luck with that one, but I would like to see pics even if they aren't the true color!!!  It's fun playin around with lamps like that.  I may add a tad bit of yellow dye to my wax in my purple/white and make it purple/yellow.  That's what was in it originally but it was that stupid china flow.

This is my latest attempt/snap with my 16yr old Cannon... not best pleased how the photo came out... looks dull and pinky violet.

Trying to pin down my partner and his all singing/dancing Fugi !!! ....Fun time... hee hee.

More to follow.

Looks like a lovely color to me.

Aladdin 2 Lava said:

This is my latest attempt/snap with my 16yr old Cannon... not best pleased how the photo came out... looks dull and pinky violet.

Trying to pin down my partner and his all singing/dancing Fugi !!! ....Fun time... hee hee.

More to follow.

Thanks Jim... guess I'm being a tad... 'Little Miss Pickey Knickers' today.

I lost the battle over the Fugi... he's on a mission himself today!

This is my last attempt with the Cannon for now before I go totally Blim Blim !!!

I like the lot of them!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2019   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service