Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I would like to ask your expert help in identifying the model/year of my lava lamp.  Sadly, it fell off a window ledge in a windstorm...the cap broke in 5 or 6 pieces and the yellow liquid came out.  I've posted several photos in my album.  I think it might be a Century, but some of its characteristics don't match the Century description.  Also, would you recommend trying to repair it (if possible) or just selling for parts?  Thank you!

Views: 881

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There was a thread on here a few months back about someone who was 3D printing replacement screw caps for the vintage 52oz lamps. But you would still need to replace the liquid/goo. So selling might be your best bet if you aren't up for the project of goo kitting / glittering it.  

Here you go\

https://www.shapeways.com/product/4TJ6AR66D/lava-cap-for-70-s-quot-...

Shame to goo kit a  vintage lamp if you can avoid it, You have a good amount left.

'If you need more factory goo, I have some I can send you, but would be best to have a small sample of what's left to match true shade of color as it varies

A replacement Fluid is possible with distilled water and a mix of propelyne glycol (% varies depending on vintage)

Michael said:

There was a thread on here a few months back about someone who was 3D printing replacement screw caps for the vintage 52oz lamps. But you would still need to replace the liquid/goo. So selling might be your best bet if you aren't up for the project of goo kitting / glittering it.  

I thought I found a replacement cap for it., but it is not threaded

the cap and bottle thread looks like the crestworth bottles till they went to metal screw tops

Thanks to all.  Listing on ebay for parts or refurb.  No sticker inside cap, bottom of base covered in felt. There is a UL sticker inside base with an Issue Number, and a QC code stamped on box lid.  Would either of these codes offer a clue as to model year?  Thank you

I picked this up at a flea market for 16 bucks. Its dated 1997 yellow and clear. I believe this is one of the made in the USA bottles. Any help appreciated. thanks.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service