Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hi all,

I am currently in search of a red swirl base and cap. I understand that it’s rare, but for trade I have a green swirl base and cap, a silver screw cap with green wax and cloudy yellow fluid, two empty vintage 32 oz bottles w coil, an 05 orange fluid white wax midnight, a black aristocrat base, or a black starship base and cap. Could add pictures if wanted–

Views: 248

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How cloudy is the green, yellow? I am currently going through my collection and have a red swirl base and cap. Funny how things work. I have listed and sold 2 lamps (a Capri and a squiggle) so far on ebay and forgot I was a member on here and was looking for lamp dates and cap codes and fell right back into this site haha. I think it might be fate. I might be interested in the starship too. I also believe I have a blue swirl somewhere...i have 55 lamps to dig through though

Hi Cody,

The green/ yellow is fairly cloudy. You can see through, but I believe that it needs to run more and could clear over time by itself. The starship is in pristine condition, I bought it new. I think it was fate too; the red swirl has been my number one but have not been able to find any. If you would like to see photos I will PM you. If you dig though those lamps and spot any midnight centuries for sale, please lmk!

this was my old old set up now they are all in boxes in the garage since I moved 2 years ago but up towards the top right is the red swirl,  I will have to find it, I also should still have that globe should you want it, I think it goes good with the lamp being a red liquid white lava variant if not that will be one globe that I keep.  If I find it soon I will get a picture of it. The next 2 weeks looks busy for me but I will try.

What a grand and beautiful display you had! This is similar to a setup I wanted to try. I would also be highly interested in the red/white globe for the swirl, if you are able to find it. No rush because it is just a hectic time. I spot some gorgeous centuries in your photo too, would you be selling any of those as well?

Cody Rankins said:

this was my old old set up now they are all in boxes in the garage since I moved 2 years ago but up towards the top right is the red swirl,  I will have to find it, I also should still have that globe should you want it, I think it goes good with the lamp being a red liquid white lava variant if not that will be one globe that I keep.  If I find it soon I will get a picture of it. The next 2 weeks looks busy for me but I will try.

I sent you a message but I found the swirl.  The globe is going to take some hunting for.

I bought your capri. I appreciate the thought that went into the included letter.

Cody Rankins said:

How cloudy is the green, yellow? I am currently going through my collection and have a red swirl base and cap. Funny how things work. I have listed and sold 2 lamps (a Capri and a squiggle) so far on ebay and forgot I was a member on here and was looking for lamp dates and cap codes and fell right back into this site haha. I think it might be fate. I might be interested in the starship too. I also believe I have a blue swirl somewhere...i have 55 lamps to dig through though

I thought that was you!!  It took me a little bit to write that out haha.  Any that I sell I am trying to put in a similar letter.  Did the bulb and everything show up safe and sound?  First lamp that I sold and shipped I was worried to death something would break.

Also one thing I forgot while I am thinking of it.  Once the Capri spikes and first starts going you may have to very gently swirl the lamp to get the glob of wax to break free from the top after that it flows very actively.  The Consort I have I have to do the same thing to it. That lamp and my consort acted like they spiked all of the wax to the top of the globe.  I dont know maybe because of their age and formulas, still great lamps though.  Thanks for the purchase and I hope you enjoy it!

Autumn said:

I bought your capri. I appreciate the thought that went into the included letter.

Cody Rankins said:

How cloudy is the green, yellow? I am currently going through my collection and have a red swirl base and cap. Funny how things work. I have listed and sold 2 lamps (a Capri and a squiggle) so far on ebay and forgot I was a member on here and was looking for lamp dates and cap codes and fell right back into this site haha. I think it might be fate. I might be interested in the starship too. I also believe I have a blue swirl somewhere...i have 55 lamps to dig through though

It showed up perfectly fine. Very happy with it. I'm going to restore the formula so I wasn't worried at all about the state of the formula. I've had good luck with refilling these with Mathmos Neo formula. I'll keep the original formula of course. Here is a similar lamp I redid with this method.

Awesome!  I am glad to hear that.  I never thought about using the Mathmos fill on one.  The lamp you show looks great.  That is the same lamp from the Imperial photo that I can't stop drooling over haha

Kyle S I have the red white globe heating up on the swirl base....photos soon.

I have a Red Swirl complete I will sell outright.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Mark Goo created this Ning Network.

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2022   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service