Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hi all,

My name's Mike and I recently rediscovered my love for lava lamps when my girlfriend bought me one from Spencer's as a gift. It was cloudy and bummed me out, which lead me to research why that was... which lead me to this awesome place. I've been lurking for a few days but you all seem like exceedingly nice people and I wanted to actually join in the conversations. :)

As of now, I have a red Clearview from Target (it has some fluffs of stuff in it, but it doesn't detract from the clarity too much) and a slightly cloudy 32oz from Spencer's. It's a terrible bottle with a lot of imperfections in it. Ah well.

I had a lava lamp as a kid (mid-90s) that I really loved, but I dropped it and never bought another one till recently. I'm trying to find it again, but I'm not sure what it was. It had red goo, yellow liquid, and a black base and cap. I think it might be a Midnight. That shouldn't be too hard to find, right?

Looking forward to mingling with the GooHeads here!

Views: 193

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello and welcome to the addiction!  Nice to have you here! 

Check out the Lava Library up at the top of the site - it's full of awesome stuff!

Midnights pop up on EBay all the time.  I just got a pink and white for $10.

Thanks for the advice. I feel that to get a really good lava lamp I'm going to have to live on eBay!

Derek Hyde said:

Midnights pop up on EBay all the time.  I just got a pink and white for $10.

Yeah, you really will have to do EBay, even though it's a pain.  In my area there are really no good lava finds that often.  Oh and I just looked, you are in Miami.  We are neighbors!

Nice! I'll be sure to let you know if I find any good deals/rarities in the 305.

I'm in the 954, never found much locally except for a really nice orange/yellow 1970's Century at a flea market (Wilton Manors).

Welcome!

Yeah, midnights pop up all the time...the 32oz versions and centuries.

...But I have to admit, I've never seen an orange/yellow vintage century...awesome find, Derek!

Hi Loren.

You'll probably be getting a PM from me soon for a custom lamp. No matter the color, the end product always looks super nice.

I highly recommend one of Loren's lamps.  I LOVE mine.

@Mike - You are welcome to summon me whenever you like.

And thank you! I do try. :p

@Derek - Awesome! Thanks for your support! :D

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum as Erin said check out the lava libary - there is lots of info and FAQ's

Yea finding decent lamps you just have to live on Ebay its the only way now 

I know what its like rediscovering your love for lava - its a grate thing, soon you will get the lava bug ;)

I'm in Palm Beach County myself (the 561), so not too far from you guys either :), I really do think it will be easy to find that yellow/red you want, I think I just saw a good looking 90's one on ebay the other day. That really should be easy- very common.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service