Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hello everybody, as you know I was recently brought into modship with the intention to make a lava/glitter lamp/wave machine/any glowly light database, as well as a FAQ. Well here it is! You may have noticed me spamming nonsense pages, and if you were really paying attention, you saw a new tab.

From now on, instead of repeating the same old "you need to run your lamp or filter it" line a thousand times, you can now refer them to a page such as this. I want us to be able to point members to our FAQ, so let's do our best to make the FAQ as good as possible.

I started the project with Lamphead a while back in the form of a post, but it quickly became too much of a hassle. Now with the ability to make pages it makes things much easier. This is a combined effort of Erin, Dr. What?!, Lamphead, and myself. However, our knowledge is limited! This is why we need all Oozinggoo members! You will notice a lot of information is missing, such as prices, production dates, colors, or whole lamps. You might also see mistakes. Please post all additions or corrections you would like to make here. The next post will list the most important requests for data, so please check it out.

Enjoy.

The Lava Library

Views: 2976

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I updated the keychain page, thanks.

LLD said:

The old lava keychains started being produced by Basic Fun in 1995, 

there were four different series which included (in order)

1. Midnight series (red, yellow, purple, orange, green & blue "lava")

2. Silver Streak  (red, yellow, purple, orange, green & blue "lava")

3. Elek-Trik (green, blue, pink & purple)

4.Wizard Glitter (black wizard base and red gitter & silver wizard base with purple glitter) 

The Wizards came out in the early 2000s and were available right up until 2003. 

The cost of the keychains new were 5.99 and were available in spencers and craft and grocery stores... really anywhere that carried basic fun keychains at the time. I saw them in a few party stores as well. 

As for the black squiggle aristocrat, a mention could be made about the rarer variation having starlite holes in the base. You may use my pic here if needed.
yep, me too, just tell me what pics you need, got loads

Tim Gill said:

I notesed on there you need some help with info on Mathmos and Cretsworth lamps - I could give you a hand with that and find some info on Mathmos / Cretsworth which can be put up.

I just posted a squiggle music box. Do you want one of it flowing? I does have a great flow.
Flowing photos are best. Any non flowing photos will eventually be replaced with flowing photos when they are found.
Oh, and what is the model name for this lamp?
Chow said:
I just posted a squiggle music box. Do you want one of it flowing? I does have a great flow.

I need a picture.

Blind Faith said:

Autumn, don't forget the executive for the vintage 60s lamps.
Any and all pics, and information. I plan on using some pics from mathmos' website for now until I find better ones. Right now the problem is I know next to nothing about mathmos, I dont even know when they carried what models. 

Arne said:

Tim Gill said:

I notesed on there you need some help with info on Mathmos and Cretsworth lamps - I could give you a hand with that and find some info on Mathmos / Cretsworth which can be put up.

you could always refer to Anthony's site flowoflava.com... very informative with ample pictures. 

ポップタルト猫のサーアンドル said:
Any and all pics, and information. I plan on using some pics from mathmos' website for now until I find better ones. Right now the problem is I know next to nothing about mathmos, I dont even know when they carried what models. 

Arne said:

Tim Gill said:

More Mathmos Colourways and Lamps.....I have these in my collection.

Jet

Lunar

Liquid/Wax

Yellow/Orange

Yellow/Green

Clear/Purple

Clear/Cranberry

Clear/White

Blue/White

Pink/White

Cheers

Pete

It took me a while, but I added a page(with no info) for the jet and lunar. I also added your colors to the colourway list.

Pete said:

More Mathmos Colourways and Lamps.....I have these in my collection.

Jet

Lunar

Liquid/Wax

Yellow/Orange

Yellow/Green

Clear/Purple

Clear/Cranberry

Clear/White

Blue/White

Pink/White

Cheers

Pete

Although I own none of these now but I didn't see any section for vandor lava lamps. Would this be considered Lava World or just  Vandor? or both?
Just to let everyone know, I'm still working on the 60s and 70s sections, but the formatting is brutal. Ning forums aren't kind at times. :) Jonas has agreed to let us use the info he's collected about Lava Lite and I'm doing my best to get it all published and formatted correctly. :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service