Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

aside from people letting banks/government (baddly) ruling their lives, I just saw a 1900€ ($2200, 1700£) cloudy lunar on ebay UK when it goes usually for 700€ in good shape.

some lunatics are also selling the neo line at 99£ (one at 110£) when they price 80€ (71£) on mathmos website...

Did people get (more) mad (than they were) ?

Views: 417

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some people do no bother checking prices elsewhere when they get into "The eBay Zone"

Worse yet, they do not check what the item may have sold for in the past under the 
"Advanced" filters

In general the world is just out of control, it's that simple!

Well, it's an old phenomenon that people try to sell used stuff on ebay for prices higher than a new exemplar of the same thing (books or lamps or CDs or whatever it is).

That's only the long-known greed and eagerness to profit.

But what really strikes me is the fact, that some people are obviously ready to pay these astonomic prices.

^^ The obvious answer is no and in NY is it's more so obvious! I can't take the NY stupidity anymore ugh!

What do all lava lamp manufactures have in common - the lack of worldwide shipping for all of their range.

The only way I can get a Mathmos lamp is to watch eBay for listings that ship to New Zealand. As you’ve pointed out the prices can be pretty ridiculous & I have shipping to add to their price. Personally I believe branded lava lamp manufacturers don’t deserve my custom & although I’ve heard it’s to do with legal restrictions on which countries they can sell in. I wonder if this has helps keeping prices up & I’m one of the first to admit they make great products. The only good thing about it is that my wife appreciates that I’m not spending on more lamps & they say a happy wife = happy life.

As for people paying these prices either the money is not a concern or their lava lamp addiction keeps them broke.

I use this company for anything I want out of the UK

https://www.forward2me.com/

This looks promising & they ship to New Zealand. Cheers for the link.

I believe they reship anywhere that DHL goes to
Customer service is spot on, communications are answered within 24 hrs
They will hold shipments up to 30 days as you make additional purchases and repack in one container  if necessary

Feel free to drop my name (C. johnson)

Mr Lava Lava said:

This looks promising & they ship to New Zealand. Cheers for the link.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service