Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

As many of you know lava lite promised to improve the quality of their lamps. The new lamps should have started rolling out in November. Has anyone bought a lamp recently?

 

I got a grande that was from the "fixed" batch of lamps. It arrived very cloudy but quickly cleared up after a few days. It is still a little cloudy but it looks like it will clear up in time. The wax does not have the urinal cake look to it and it also doesnt overheat nearly as fast as the old grandes. I have talked to a few others who also got the "fixed" grandes and theirs are not doing as good as mine is.

 

Another thing I thought I would share is I was at Kmart yesterday and I opened some lamp tubes. Every lamp I pulled was crystal clear, even the black wax lamps were clear. None of these lamps had a hint of cloudyness, sadly they were all 8oz and 20oz lamps. The date on the lamps was November 10th. I did not buy any so I dont know how they flow but it looks promising.

 

I did leave with one lava brand product that I am really happy with.

Views: 1095

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I sure hope quality improves. I still won't buy one until I have enough members here confirming they've bought a legit and clear lamp. I'm waiting...

I saw that Big Lots got a new batch of Obama lamps yesterday. 

 

I opened one up and the liquid was totally clear - just two "flakes" of wax floating around.  I bought it figuring that I could just fish the flakes out if I had to.

 

After running it about 3 hours the flakes assimilated into the lava.  It looks pretty good so far.  Long, serpentine lava rather than just balls.  Of course, the lava was clear at first, but now is starting to become opaque.  

 

Menards had a bunch of Black Friday lamps for $6.99, I wonder how clear they were? 

I dont think the obama lamps are new stock items..

Vadeem Beginnin said:

I saw that Big Lots got a new batch of Obama lamps yesterday. 

 

I opened one up and the liquid was totally clear - just two "flakes" of wax floating around.  I bought it figuring that I could just fish the flakes out if I had to.

 

After running it about 3 hours the flakes assimilated into the lava.  It looks pretty good so far.  Long, serpentine lava rather than just balls.  Of course, the lava was clear at first, but now is starting to become opaque.  

 

Menards had a bunch of Black Friday lamps for $6.99, I wonder how clear they were? 

The did not have any kind of lava for months, and this week got the Obamas in.

 

But you are right, they could have been sitting in a warehouse somewhere.  Do the cap #s still somehow have the date encoded in them?

Yeah the caps do have dates on them. If I remember right its pretty easy to read the date off of the newer lamps. Post the number and I will see if I can figure it out.

Vadeem Beginnin said:

The did not have any kind of lava for months, and this week got the Obamas in.

 

But you are right, they could have been sitting in a warehouse somewhere.  Do the cap #s still somehow have the date encoded in them?

OK, the cap says:

 

H3410

09022601

A

 

How does one figure the date from it?

Well I am not sure but..

09

02

26

01

 

The date is in here somewhere, it could be 1/26/09, 2/26/09, or 2/26/09 considering obama took office on 1/20/09. I am sure someone here knows what the order is.

 

I bet the reason your lamps are so clear is because it sat for almost two years before being ran. Look at the bottom of your bottle when the lamp is cold. Is there white powder at the bottom? This powder is what seems to cloud the lamps so dont shake it up.

Vadeem Beginnin said:

OK, the cap says:

 

H3410

09022601

A

 

How does one figure the date from it?

 

 

No white powder, but there was one "flake" that floated up when the wax clump/spring fell sideways.  It was under the solidified lava.

 

I thought the flakes had melted into the wax, but this one was hiding on the bottom.  Maybe it is not wax and I'll have to go in and get it. 

 

 

I would leave it alone, if its sitting at the bottom it wont harm anything.

Vadeem Beginnin said:

 

 

No white powder, but there was one "flake" that floated up when the wax clump/spring fell sideways.  It was under the solidified lava.

 

I thought the flakes had melted into the wax, but this one was hiding on the bottom.  Maybe it is not wax and I'll have to go in and get it. 

 

 

Another odd thing about this Obama lamp is that I accidentally left it on all Christmas day.  I returned home around midnight and thought for sure that the lava would be overheated, but it was still running fine.  I left it on through the night and it was still good in the morning. 

 

I have not had any new lamps that could just keep running without a dimmer on them.  It it because of the white wax?

Before you ask, the lamp came with a clear, 40w bulb from the factory.
The one that is to the far right is the one from amazon, and was not touched in anyway by me to improve quality.. I was very suprised
Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2019   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service