Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

As many of you know lava lite promised to improve the quality of their lamps. The new lamps should have started rolling out in November. Has anyone bought a lamp recently?

I got a grande that was from the "fixed" batch of lamps. It arrived very cloudy but quickly cleared up after a few days. It is still a little cloudy but it looks like it will clear up in time. The wax does not have the urinal cake look to it and it also doesnt overheat nearly as fast as the old grandes. I have talked to a few others who also got the "fixed" grandes and theirs are not doing as good as mine is.

Another thing I thought I would share is I was at Kmart yesterday and I opened some lamp tubes. Every lamp I pulled was crystal clear, even the black wax lamps were clear. None of these lamps had a hint of cloudyness, sadly they were all 8oz and 20oz lamps. The date on the lamps was November 10th. I did not buy any so I dont know how they flow but it looks promising.

I did leave with one lava brand product that I am really happy with.

Views: 1403

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Still hearing bad stories of LL.

The one lamp put out fotr display at my local Spencer Gifts looks okay. Silver Aristo, yellow/purple, lava effect is mostly spheres (may have been on all day) but the lava is semi-transparent, liquid is very clear.

actually i got two lamps recently on 12-23-10 and 11-24-10. The December lamp is a green/blue grande. it looks very nice actually. One problem is the wax is green but occasionally a piece has a yellow batch in it.(it is melted in) The other was an 8.oz. when you look at it the liquid is crystal clear but when it gets turned on it is a thin white, no longer crystal clear.

I dont know if this will help but it it does glad to help and if not sorry to waste your time.

I have purchased three Grande's in the last few weeks.  The first one was a Red/Clear Combo I bought directly from Lava Lite (LavaLamp.com) and it arrived and it was like milk.  

I purchased a pink/purple (from some website) and a yellow/purple (from spencer) and they both arrived clear and nice. I do not know when the lamps were manufactured.

Post the cap numbers and I can tell you when they were made.

Josh Van Cleave said:

I have purchased three Grande's in the last few weeks.  The first one was a Red/Clear Combo I bought directly from Lava Lite (LavaLamp.com) and it arrived and it was like milk.  

I purchased a pink/purple (from some website) and a yellow/purple (from spencer) and they both arrived clear and nice. I do not know when the lamps were manufactured.

Well all my faith is back in lava lite! I went down to my local Spencer's gifts and picked up a royal or 52 oz. They let me open it to make sure it wasn't cloudy. It looked great actually. Once I got home i plugged it in. After two hours the wax liquefied then started to flow 10 minutes later. It achieved a nice flow after 3 hours. The cap reads 10090501 which means it was made 9-5-10. Here ae some pictures. Sorry about the Grande tower in the back!

yes this is my third 52 oz. The first had a bad coil, then i returned it for a new one.That one also had a bad coil. I lost the recite and couldn't return it. I am testing it now on the factory bulb to see how long it runs until it overheats.

Bohdan said:
Looking good. I run mine with a 30w or 40w frosted bulb after a few hours they run Hot.  Also on the globes from 2010 quite a few had problems with coils so if yours is still working great after 30days then you have a nice Lamp.  Still waiting for the newer ones with the 2011 caps. There last new formula came out in 2009 and they used it till now . Your cap has the date as to when it was bottled.
I got a 14.5" Standard from Wal-Mart this week Blue liquid/Yellow lava and it is crystal clear. I decided I would email Paula @ lava lite to see about replacing my cloudy 52oz Yellow/Pink and she said they just got new stock in and she was updating the website. She is sending me a new lamp tomorrow so I pray it is clear!

Out of curiousity help me out..This is the cap # on the 14.5" Yellow/Blue I just bought from Wal-Mart.

K2124

101005A

I was told by Lava Lite they just got new stock this week so they are sending me a replacement, I will post that cap number when it gets here

アンドル said:

Post the cap numbers and I can tell you when they were made.
It is 10-05-10 if i am correct

James said:

Out of curiousity help me out..This is the cap # on the 14.5" Yellow/Blue I just bought from Wal-Mart.

K2124

101005A

I was told by Lava Lite they just got new stock this week so they are sending me a replacement, I will post that cap number when it gets here

Sad 20 oz dont flow that fell

Bohdan said:
Time will tell on these from LL dated 12-10 . Looks like we will be seeing alot more of the 20z line.

How did Bohdan get these pictures? These lamps are kinda girly, like with the rabbits. They look cool too. I wonder if they will start a new lineup. If they looks nice and flow well a 3rd generation my begin

Astrobaby I heart NY said:

I wonder if these new 20oz contemporary designs are part of the new 2011 lineup?, I am sure they will sell very well to college kids and for a teenager's bedroom.

\

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service