Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

got my ltd edition jubilee astro today and to be honest i am not impressed, surface scratches on the base and the graphics are terrible, whoever paid the £300 for number 1 as going to be disapointed, i got number 6 ........i am not a number, i am a free man... no theres a quote lol

Views: 1398

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

and there's air bubbles in the glass vase too!

Totally agree, what's going on Mathmos?

Lava_Head_UK said:

Unfortunately a lot of Mathmos lamps and bottles seem to be suffering from poor quality control ( In my opinion ), This is a real shame for a " Premium product " customer service also seems to have deteriorted over the last 18 months. No idea why :-( 

The latest Astro bottles have been re-designed. The top part is much narrower.

Hallo,

on the pictures you see my jubilee Astro- looks like good, but in fact it has scratches and the "polish" is uneven.

I am not enthusiastic for this "quatlity"

it looks like "used" but its fresh from the factory. My other Mathmos Lamps looks like perfect.

Did I read or hear somewhere that their bases come from China, but their bottles are still made on-site? It's possible they are not making their bases by hand anymore. Could explain the quality drop. 

The Astro and Astrobaby bases are still made on sight and are hand made but maybe they were rushed so that could explain the quality drop.

I know that there LED items, electoral components and possible the telstar parts are made in China.

I don't know where the bottles are made but they have never been made by Mathmos directly as this is big process making bottles - they could be made in China as well or maybe the UK.

How exactly have standards "PLUMMETED"? The quality looks the same to me? My Jubilee is perfect and so do the other lamps they make. Even the LED stuff looks awesome.

Spelling corrections for you ...

Standards not standers

Plummeted not plumented

seem not seam

lately not latley

what is espshlie?

wouldn't or would not - please decide

Its not like we didnt understand what he writes so no reason to spell correction ..

Howard said:

Spelling corrections for you ...

Standards not standers

Plummeted not plumented

seem not seam

lately not latley

what is espshlie?

wouldn't or would not - please decide

Sorry guys - me being lazy for not spell checking it - hears it corrected.

Standers of there lamps and lights haven't plumented but things have changed and it does seam shaky lately. There have been changes and dodgy items have been reported, then again it may be people views of what they expect compared to others. I haven't brought any new lamps from mathmos recently so cant really comment on this.

What can be said though is that the customer service has taken a dive and especially the US guys buying from mathmos are being fobed off.

Yea I agree with you on the LED stuff - it is good but I wouldn't go for all of it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service