Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Just another "Hey, I'm new here" type thing.

I'm in Canada, always been into Lava lamps but only in the last few years decided to start collecting them. I'm got a mixture of old and new, two starships, a couple of grande, different makes/models, and some newer lamps slated to be goo kitted. In all I have about 25 lamps. One goal is to get one of those little new 11 inch Lava Lites goo kitted and doing something interesting. I'm also planning a trip to the UK at the end of the year and I'm coming back with a selection of Mathmos lamps.

For fun I make YouTube videos about fixing up pinball machines (my other passion) and I've decided I'd spruce up my video backdrop with a changing lava selection. 

Views: 306

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Seven!  Welcome to Oozing Goo.  Sounds like you'll fit in well here.

Man, a trip to the UK would be amazing.  I would get all of the Mathmos I could resonably afford if I were able to go!

Welcome, sounds like you have the bug.

Post some pics of your lamps.

Welcome, I've had the bug for over 25 years now lol.  It comes and goes.  You're on a great website with some awesome people.  I've been on here since '03.

We aren't just going to the UK, the main point of the trip is the band The Vapors playing in Portmeirion - the location they shot The Prisoner TV show (which featured Mathmos lamps in their set design). As you can tell by the picture, the Prisoner is an influence on my homes motif. 

Since I've always wanted to see the Vapors live AND visit Portmeirion AND the ability to nab a few Mathmos while there, it seemed like too much fun to pass up.

Keith said:

Man, a trip to the UK would be amazing.  I would get all of the Mathmos I could resonably afford if I were able to go!

Attachments:

These are three newer ones, but they fit this frame so nicely. (I just took this. They weren't warmed up yet)

kero48 said:

Welcome, sounds like you have the bug.

Post some pics of your lamps.

Yeah. I've actually been reading here for a while. I decided I'd sign up and maybe try to contribute something.

Matt said:

Welcome, I've had the bug for over 25 years now lol.  It comes and goes.  You're on a great website with some awesome people.  I've been on here since '03.

Image result for the prisoner

Seven said:

We aren't just going to the UK, the main point of the trip is the band The Vapors playing in Portmeirion - the location they shot The Prisoner TV show (which featured Mathmos lamps in their set design). As you can tell by the picture, the Prisoner is an influence on my homes motif. 

Since I've always wanted to see the Vapors live AND visit Portmeirion AND the ability to nab a few Mathmos while there, it seemed like too much fun to pass up.

Keith said:

welcome

love the classic egg chair

I bought the chair to go in my pinball room - then I found it wouldn't fit through the door. 

It's nice in the living room though.

Groovy greetings to you. Welcome to Oozing Goo. You're our kind of person.

Welcome aboard, from a fellow Canadian meat popsicle. I dig the "Prisoner" motif. I'm big into Danish Modern, myself. Best of luck on your lava hunt in the UK.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service