Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

So how many of you have lamps at work? I am considering bringing a giant to work just to see what people say.

Views: 2699

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, that blue/clear is AWESOME! Is that a plain Goo Kit color? Or a blend? I gotta know how to get that color.

Kirk said:

A double-bagger for my work mates this week.

On the left is the famous, "Lamp That Started It All."  A goo-kitted China 20 oz black/clear that I stole at the last office Christmas gift exchange.  It's now a pretty burple/clear!

On the right, is an $80 Mediterranean that was a BIN on Ebay.  It had a too tall 25 watt bulb in it, so someone had used layers of masking tape on the bottom of the globe to raise it up in the base.  This was done many years ago, because it was really burned on to the globe.  To say the least, it was barely flowing at all.  After an hour or so of using goo be gone on the masking tape and a new smaller 30 watt bulb - it flows perfectly now!! A little cloudy still, but I love it!  Do you think the cloudiness will go away over time?  I learned my lesson with the Consort - I won't be opening this Mediterranean.  :>) 

Thanks, Ben.  That is a goo kit blue.  It's been awhile, but I think I added a very small amount (a few flakes) at a time until I got this color.  Honestly, I haven't seen my first lamp running for a few months.  I really like it.

Not neon blue, correct?

Correct.

Man, if I end up goo kitting my colossus, that's the color I'm gonna do. Love it.

Love that blue!

Very nice! I have a 52oz goo kit same color also with the uv blue in it

Kirk said:

Thanks, Ben.  That is a goo kit blue.  It's been awhile, but I think I added a very small amount (a few flakes) at a time until I got this color.  Honestly, I haven't seen my first lamp running for a few months.  I really like it.

This is lava at work. Of course it's a long way from drilling the well to finished wax, lol

Attachments:

That's dedication for ya', Keith!

I wasn't at work this week -- had the week off.  But brought in the diamond plate on the left, and was surprised that someone else had brought in a lamp!  The lava infection is catching!

Tried uploading from a smart phone.  It didn't post like I wanted so here is the picture for all to see (without downloading)

Keith said:

This is lava at work. Of course it's a long way from drilling the well to finished wax, lol

I would like to have a diamond plate and a Harley lamp in the same display in the garage.  If I had a garage instead of a carport, lol

Kirk said:

That's dedication for ya', Keith!

I wasn't at work this week -- had the week off.  But brought in the diamond plate on the left, and was surprised that someone else had brought in a lamp!  The lava infection is catching!

This week I brought in my refilled lime green/yellow Century.  Then on Friday, I found a green/blue Enchantress with gold screw top and perfect gold base for $12.50 at the church ladies thrift store.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service