Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

So how many of you have lamps at work? I am considering bringing a giant to work just to see what people say.

Views: 2698

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love all of these displays would only do this though if i had my own business and i love how the neon watermelon lamps start out translucent then the dye mixes fully with the wax to create the watermelon color

Looks great! I haven't had as much luck finding used stuff lately. Great find!

I don't have such luck with that at all except for when it comes to furbys

It's getting a bit busy at the lava lamp alter this week!

The 3 Midnights - red/clear, rare pink/pink, and purple/clear I found on Craigslist and picked them up for $10 today.  The yellow/purple Costco Grande my colleague Ken found at his sister's house this week, and of course last week's 1987 Enchantress find.

I gave the red/clear and purple/clear Midnights to another co-worker for her girls, and kept the pink/pink for myself.  :>) 

Awesome! And very cool to be sharing lava with future generations.

THat's really great and good we need more lava enthusiasts =)

Here's some of the lava I have at work.  I have matching 52 oz coming as well for the other two Grandes. 

All 3 of the Grandes arrived cloudy as heck and had to be filtered with an MSR filter.  The purple/pink had to be done twice.  All are crystal clear now.  I'm still looking for the other original colors they came in (It appears I need a black/clear, red/clear, and blue/white?)

I also have some smaller lamps scattered throughout the office.  

Nice, newgoo! Very pretty!

That's fantastic, Newgoo!!

They look great! Did you use the MSR or MSR EX (carbon)? Did you have to adjust the densities afterwards? I couldn't find the non-carbon model so I had to get the EX version and I've had mixed results. Some lamps are fine, and some need some salt adjustments afterwards.

Newgoo said:

Here's some of the lava I have at work.  I have matching 52 oz coming as well for the other two Grandes. 

All 3 of the Grandes arrived cloudy as heck and had to be filtered with an MSR filter.  The purple/pink had to be done twice.  All are crystal clear now.  I'm still looking for the other original colors they came in (It appears I need a black/clear, red/clear, and blue/white?)

Mine was just the MSR with no carbon (that thing has been a life saver, I've filtered 5 lamps with it so far!).  No adjusting, I did have to top all 3 off with some distilled water.  The green/blue, and yellow/purple one had a really weird issue initially of a lot of small bubble sticking to the glass, but it worked itself out over a few days.  The purple/pink one did not. 

I had read though not to use the carbon attachment as it removes too much stuff in the liquid portion.  

Ben said:

They look great! Did you use the MSR or MSR EX (carbon)? Did you have to adjust the densities afterwards? I couldn't find the non-carbon model so I had to get the EX version and I've had mixed results. Some lamps are fine, and some need some salt adjustments afterwards.

Newgoo said:

I don't see a removable "carbon attachment" on mine. If there is one if gladly remove it. Any ideas? Do I have to disassemble the filter cartridge?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service