Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hello !

Glad to finally become a member to this community, seems to be a place with much knowledge..


Which leads me to the reason i come here. As you can see i come from Denmark, so buying one of this beast wasn't exactly cheap. I payed around 60 usd for the lamp it self and another 120 usd just for the shipment.

 

But when i recieved it it was all cloudy :( First off i contacted lava light directly, which suggested i placed the lamp in a cold room for a few days.. after 3 days with no change i contacted then again, but now they do not respond.

 

I've attached some pictures, so that you can se what iam talking about. IF lava lite did respond and they suggested that i sent it back it would cost me another 120 usd, so i have no choice but to try and fix this my self.

 

Do you have any suggestions ? Can i fix it without opening it or do i have to change the water ?

 

 

Views: 1992

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello - sorry to butt in, have you tried amazon uk?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSR-Miniworks-Water-Filter/dp/B0032GPINS

 

if they ship to Denmark i imagine the shipping would be cheaper

 

they also have it on Dutch amazon

http://www.amazon.de/MSR-56425-Miniworks-EX-Microfilter/dp/B000BBF2...

Ford Prefect

Seems like a solution.. I just still think it is too bad that i need to spend another 54£ just to get the lamp to work.. :( But that might be my last shot of LavaLite wont help.. However i will just wait and see what they will say :)

Da9L

you're right of course, it shouldn't have to come to that.

please excuse my mistake, its amazon germany, not holland lol.

Good luck!

Great news from here !

 

LavaLite just wrote the following to me:

 

"Please email a picture of the lamp and your address and I will send a new lamp."

 

Now i want to make sure that i get a lamp from a newer production date, so i think of returning the following answer:

 

"

Hello

I will attach some pictures to this mail.

My adress is
... adress ...

Will you kindly make sure that the new lamp you send isn't cloudy? Maybe some lamp that has a more recent production date. For this matter i have attached a picture of the cap too, so that you can see when this lamp was produced :-)

"


What do you think ?

I like that idea.
I found out that unlike the 20oz december batch, the grande december batch is cloudy too. Go with a colored liquid because if you get a clear liquid you can't filter out the color that is left from the dye. You should plan to buy a filter too. Maybe you can find a local brand instead of buying a msr filter. You just need any ceramic filter that filters down to about. 5 microns.

As for your email.. I know they will send you a lamp that is not cloudy. The problem is shipping makes them cloudy. Ask them to source a lamp for you that's in europe or china.

You really don't have a lot of options. I can promise you that your replacement will come in cloudy if shipped from the USA warehouse. I really don't know what to tell you.


Da9L said:

Great news from here !

 

LavaLite just wrote the following to me:

 

"Please email a picture of the lamp and your address and I will send a new lamp."

 

Now i want to make sure that i get a lamp from a newer production date, so i think of returning the following answer:

 

"

Hello

I will attach some pictures to this mail.

My adress is
... adress ...

Will you kindly make sure that the new lamp you send isn't cloudy? Maybe some lamp that has a more recent production date. For this matter i have attached a picture of the cap too, so that you can see when this lamp was produced :-)

"


What do you think ?

LavaLite has shipped a new lamp yesterday free of charge. As you have suggested the new lamp might be just as cloudy as the one i allready have, but now i might actually consider buying an MSR filter and filter both lamps.

Yep i actually contacted the seller right after i made the negative feedback. They said it wasn't possible to change it, but i think i will contact ebay support then and ask them to delete the feedback or maybe even let me change it to positive feedback.

 

Now i dont think the new lamp won't be uncloudy, but i am looking foreward to see how it looks compared to the one i already have. I will write back here as soon as i receive it :)

 

 

Crestworth Limited said:

Great news, nice to see LL coming good, but do you now regret giving the seller Negative feedback on ebay for something totally out of his control...I feel sorry for the seller, maybe you could contact ebay and explain the situation and what you have found out that maybe it was not down to him, but down to  an inferior product, just a thought as you have or are having a happy ending, but they have not...There is a Lot of Karma attached to Lava, nice to share sometimes.
Yes. Personally by reading on this page i think it is.

Richard said:

Is betting open to see if the new lamp is just the same  as the first ?

The buyer and seller can work togather to mutually retract feedback. In addition you can reply to feedback already left with one more line if you want.

Da9L said:

Yep i actually contacted the seller right after i made the negative feedback. They said it wasn't possible to change it, but i think i will contact ebay support then and ask them to delete the feedback or maybe even let me change it to positive feedback.

 

Now i dont think the new lamp won't be uncloudy, but i am looking foreward to see how it looks compared to the one i already have. I will write back here as soon as i receive it :)

 

 

Crestworth Limited said:

Great news, nice to see LL coming good, but do you now regret giving the seller Negative feedback on ebay for something totally out of his control...I feel sorry for the seller, maybe you could contact ebay and explain the situation and what you have found out that maybe it was not down to him, but down to  an inferior product, just a thought as you have or are having a happy ending, but they have not...There is a Lot of Karma attached to Lava, nice to share sometimes.
So i got my feedback revised to a positive one, and now i feel alot better!

In other news my new lamp is on its way and its expected to be delivered on the 26th april.. i will post some comparsion photos as soon as i get it.



WeeboTech said:
The buyer and seller can work togather to mutually retract feedback. In addition you can reply to feedback already left with one more line if you want.

Da9L said:

Yep i actually contacted the seller right after i made the negative feedback. They said it wasn't possible to change it, but i think i will contact ebay support then and ask them to delete the feedback or maybe even let me change it to positive feedback.

 

Now i dont think the new lamp won't be uncloudy, but i am looking foreward to see how it looks compared to the one i already have. I will write back here as soon as i receive it :)

 

 

Crestworth Limited said:

Great news, nice to see LL coming good, but do you now regret giving the seller Negative feedback on ebay for something totally out of his control...I feel sorry for the seller, maybe you could contact ebay and explain the situation and what you have found out that maybe it was not down to him, but down to  an inferior product, just a thought as you have or are having a happy ending, but they have not...There is a Lot of Karma attached to Lava, nice to share sometimes.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2019   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service