Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hi Everyone. I have a problem with my lamp. It seems to take 2hrs to start moving, then after about 30mins it remains in a ball at the bottum of the base and will not move at all. I left it runing for hours and nothing. I tried a dimmer and a lower wattage and nothing still. Is this broken??

My other one (smaller one) flows after 1hr and can go for well over 5hrs up and down forming balls etc. Thanks.

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That sounds like a defective product, what brand is it? It can take for example 3 hours for a Mathmos Astro to get upto temp.
it is a "Lava Brand Motion Lamp." 40watt bulb.
it kind of floats just above the base rim in a ball, the bottum of it is in the coil but not all of it. like i said it floats there in a ball. it is yellow liquid with red goo.
button of the goo is sitting in the coil tho.
I just did what Bohdan said here. I have a clear/white 52oz lamp that flowed I think only a few times. I honestly can't remember when it flowed. It seems to let off one bubble, then sits in a blob at the base. I lifted it up and noticed that the lava was floating above the coil but never touching it or through it. Even after turning it off for 5 minutes, the lava still did not touch the coil. It was surrounding it.

I took the lamp and put it on the floor and twisted a few times. I checked and sure enough, the lava is not one with the coil. I put it back on and turned the lamp back on as well. I am hoping that fixed the problem. We will find out.

Another thing I notice is the coil did not really sit center in the bottle bottom. The bottom is pushed in a bit and the coil does not seem to sit around the bump. I hope that makes sense.

Well, hopefully it works now. I will update.
my wax does sit in the coil, it just doesn't flow i dunno why.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service