Ok, I know I read this somewhere on here, but now can't find it. My son's lava is stuck in this formation. I moved it to a warmer room, but nope. Swirled it, nope. Call lava lite and they told me run it for 8 hours at a time. Well I got it to work then shut it down and it stuck like this again. I'm using a 40 watt original spencer's bulb which I took out of my 52 oz neon and I put a appliance bulb in mine. Mine works fine with the appliance bulb. My son's 52 oz neon doesn't seem to like any bulb!! Should I get a 60 to melt it? Help? This all started when the bulb blew and it went from overheated, super hot in the middle of the night to I guess cool down mode. He doesn't have an ac in his room but it is cold with the fan running. I thought it was too cold, but this pic was taken in my hot laundry room and still nothing.
wrap it in a towel or my personal choice is to put a warm sock on it, I use hockey socks
I was thinking blow dryer time!!! While it is lit I presume or no??
yes while it is lit, i have had to "jump start" several of mine in the past this way, it is a gentle way of heating them without overheating them
I couldn't find a sock big enough, so I tried the blow dryer method. Also, took my 40 watt bulb out and put a 60 watt A15 in to help get it cooking a bit faster. Figure it was already overheated and clouded up anyway. It worked!!!! the only problem is now I think it mite be too hot because it lost it's nice flow and is now looking like a peashooter, shooting little blobs all over. Once I get it cooled mite put the 40 watt back in and see since I got the wax melted again will it continue to run normally. Ever since this summer started my lamps are all acting different.
Thnx for the tips!!!