Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Lava Lite's New Website & The NEW Heritage Collection

http://www.lavalamp.com/

The new Heritage Collection will be available to buy 10/28

**Updated the Heritage Collection will be released today on LavaLite Website at 10am CST. Heres a sneak peak!

*** http://lavalamp.com/heritage-collection ***

Views: 39994

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That just really sucks. :( I'm so sorry. Everyone deserves a good lamp. :(

Geez! I've never seen anything like that, it looks like mold growing on the wax. That's insane... Have you ran it, did the white stuff stay on the wax and mix in?

And you're right Erin, everyone deserves a good one..

My purple century had that white fuzz on it...in fact it still does after it cools...seems to form on the dome of wax.  This still cooled off domed even on the base w/ the heat ring.  I didn't get home early enough to run it tonight.

I'm thinking of sending it back though....I agree even though the globes on the premier line are full of white dots...at least the flow was better...these should be phenomenal for twice the price. 

I think Bridget keyed in on an important point too....if they're tuning these lamps based on performance in that room where so many lamps are lined up...that's got to play a big factor temperature wise....when they're spread out in normal use the bases are just too cold, but when they're all together they probably were running too hot.

I want to buy a grande so bad....the flow looks so awesome, but I really don't want pink or green :(

Sorry to hear about those cloudy lamps. What also sucks is FedEx paying no attention to "This Side Up."

This is how its looked since yesterday after it was on for several hours and never got to the molten stage. I'm thinking the lava is separating.

Rodrigo said:

Geez! I've never seen anything like that, it looks like mold growing on the wax. That's insane... Have you ran it, did the white stuff stay on the wax and mix in?

And you're right Erin, everyone deserves a good one..
The blob, try to run it again for at least 12 hours, I found that my heritage grande base doesn't get any of my grande globes as hot as fast as the plain silver base. Idk if it's the bulb or bulb position or holes on the base but that's what I found out. Is the liquid cloudy too? It looks pretty decent right there.

And the most frustrating part is when fedex and ups don't follow the markings on the box and just throw the thing around...

Jeff, you could still buy a blue/yellow or purple/yellow grande instead. I love my pink but I didn't want the green because I thought it would be the same as the neon green, but now I want one anyways lol!

Rodrigo, that white powder on the wax on the Blob's lamp is what makes the liquid cloudy even more.   I've got that same white poweder on the wax on several "online purchases" of China lamps.   It won't clear up.   I've never gotten a cloudy china lamp to ever clear, especially with all that gunk on it.    He needs a replacement for sure.
 
Rodrigo said:

The blob, try to run it again for at least 12 hours, I found that my heritage grande base doesn't get any of my grande globes as hot as fast as the plain silver base. Idk if it's the bulb or bulb position or holes on the base but that's what I found out. Is the liquid cloudy too? It looks pretty decent right there.

And the most frustrating part is when fedex and ups don't follow the markings on the box and just throw the thing around...

Jeff, you could still buy a blue/yellow or purple/yellow grande instead. I love my pink but I didn't want the green because I thought it would be the same as the neon green, but now I want one anyways lol!
I hear you Libby, that's truly disappointing. The worst/best part can be when you pull that globe out of the box, depending on what it looks like... One of my grandes had that THICK white stuff but at the bottom, not on the wax itself, probably the same stuff though. Lava lite replaced it with a good one.

It's still odd to me that some of us get clear ones and some of us get crap ones. :( 

Mine had it "under" the wax and on top.  The liquid was fairly clear till I fired em up, and then---boom, pure pea soup fog!  UGH

Now I'm sweating getting my Pink Grande!   At least my Fed Ex man we have now can make it up our mountain and leaves them on the patio, "upright" like the arrows say.   He's a good one.  But he has no control over whether or not that dreaded white powder is in the lamp.   I really hate that happened to Blob and Autumn. 
 
Rodrigo said:

I hear you Libby, that's truly disappointing. The worst/best part can be when you pull that globe out of the box, depending on what it looks like... One of my grandes had that THICK white stuff but at the bottom, not on the wax itself, probably the same stuff though. Lava lite replaced it with a good one.

Both my green Grande and yellow/red Century are flowing. Both have little bits of wax stuck to the inside of the globes. The green is particularly crappy in this regard. Grande is flowing great. Flow in yellow/red Century is boring, but I hope it improves with a few more runs. Going to run both overnight. 

Most of the wax in the Century tends to stay at the top. 

Erin, mine had some smears of wax inside too and they all went away now, this is like my other grande though, sometimes when it warms up it gets smears on the glass but they go away when the blobs rub against it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2019   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service