Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Lava Lite's New Website & The NEW Heritage Collection

http://www.lavalamp.com/

The new Heritage Collection will be available to buy 10/28

**Updated the Heritage Collection will be released today on LavaLite Website at 10am CST. Heres a sneak peak!

*** http://lavalamp.com/heritage-collection ***

Views: 43086

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the Grandes are amazing. I'm so glad I have both. They are STUNNING to look at and seem to be able to run for hours, if not days. I'd like to see these offered in more colors, too. 

I ran my Grande for 48 hours with perfect flow the entire time, and it never overheated once.   I didn't touch the dimmer.  Amazing!!   Still waiting on my Pink, and if it don't come today, it won't until at least Tuesday!   It's freezing here at night too, so I'm a bit worried.

I accidentally fell asleep on mine, dimmed too much and it's 68 inside at night, I woke up at like 7am turned it up went back to sleep, now at 12 it's freakig rocking!!! These grandes are truly amazing! Makes me wanna use the century money for the green one.

OK, I'm sorry but I couldn't help posting this SNL vid on China production and I Phones. XD

Metallica Fluidium man Trevor said:

I also have had every iPhone, and never had issues

Erin said:

I've had them all (iPhone). And yes, there have been some hiccups along the way. Problem with your analogy is this: there have been one or two things "wrong" with a phone that has about 300+ features. A lava lamp kinda has one feature - the globe. If there's a problem with the flow, the whole experience is kinda down the tubes. 

Also, also, I never personally had the maps or the antenna issue. 

I do hope the new bulbs help. I am waiting on my return to see if it corrects the problem. I wish everyone luck. 

Jim said:

The thing that strikes me as odd... how many of you folks have an iPhone?  How many keep buying the latest and greatest iPhone?  Will you ever buy an iPhone again? 

iPhone4 - they miss catching the antenna issue and then tell you its your fault, you are holding your phone wrong.  Or... you can buy a $30 bumper to overcome our shady QA.

iPhone5 - maps.  iPhone says we won't do a damn thing for you. You have to overcome our poor QA once again by seeking out a fix on your own.  Oh, but we ARE sorry.

Meanwhile, Apple is the darling of the global corporate world despite these missteps.

LOL Debs... 'thank you for pointing out problem' ... LOL LOL LOL.

Deb said:

OK, I'm sorry but I couldn't help posting this SNL vid on China production and I Phones. XD

Erin said:

I've had them all (iPhone). And yes, there have been some hiccups along the way. Problem with your analogy is this: there have been one or two things "wrong" with a phone that has about 300+ features. A lava lamp kinda has one feature - the globe. If there's a problem with the flow, the whole experience is kinda down the tubes. 

I do hope the new bulbs help. I am waiting on my return to see if it corrects the problem. I wish everyone luck. 

Jim said:

The thing that strikes me as odd... how many of you folks have an iPhone?  How many keep buying the latest and greatest iPhone?  Will you ever buy an iPhone again? 

iPhone4 - they miss catching the antenna issue and then tell you its your fault, you are holding your phone wrong.  Or... you can buy a $30 bumper to overcome our shady QA.

iPhone5 - maps.  iPhone says we won't do a damn thing for you. You have to overcome our poor QA once again by seeking out a fix on your own.  Oh, but we ARE sorry.

Meanwhile, Apple is the darling of the global corporate world despite these missteps.

I know right? I especially like the traditional sarcastic dance and the line, "Let's see...what does America make?" lmao

Aladdin 2 Lava said:

Deb said:

Erin said:

Jim said:

As our fragrant 'Cressida Granger' said in a recent interview… ‘Their costs are rising’
Methinks its time for Lava world to bring it on back to the fold.

Deb said:

I know right? I especially like the traditional sarcastic dance and the line, "Let's see...what does America make?" lmao

Aladdin 2 Lava said:

Deb said:

Erin said:

Jim said:

Aladdin 2 Lava said:

As our fragrant 'Cressida Granger' said in a recent interview about China… ‘Their costs are rising’

Methinks its time for Lava world to bring it on back to the fold.

Deb said:

Aladdin 2 Lava said:

Deb said:

Erin said:

Jim said:

My concern is that LL will look at the hassle with the centuries as a consumer problem and not a manufacturing problem.  If I had bought one that needed help I would follow Jim's advice, just out of hopes that LL would try to improve in the future.  But if they can't produce a quality lamp with direct supervision, one that cost 250% more that the neons and isn't as good, they need to reconsider their manufacturing methods.  Hopefully sales of grandes will push them to introduce more colors, but they really need to do something about the centuries.

Jim said:

Ummmm, I don't think I implied we would responsible for troubleshooting these ourselves.  I was just encouraging providing better feedback on our experiences with the lamp.

Gwen is a bit freaky in that she keeps her house at like 90 degrees in the winter.  Do you not think that aspect might be an important detail for the engineers to know in terms of how the lamp is misbehaving?

But by all means, if you want to cross your arms sit back and just say "fix it", then just cut your losses, save the aggravation and request a refund.  I suppose my plea went out to those of us excited by the Heritage line, with the chance that if they do well, we may see more added.   

Erin said:

I will respectfully disagree with this. We shouldn't be having to have to do this, at all. I don't mind reporting a problem and letting them answer, but to have US do the technical troubleshooting here is the wrong approach to take. They had tech staff (so you said in an earlier message/thread somewhere) and THAT staff should be doing the troubleshooting, not us. I get the feeling they are running these lamps for the first time, too, as we are. 

I bought these lamps expecting them to be trouble-free, beautiful and free of defects. 

I don't mind providing feedback, but THEY need to fix these issues, not us. I really want to see the company succeed, too, but if they want us testing, providing feedback and stats, then they should send us free lamps so we can be guinea pigs BEFORE they release them to the market. That's how product testing works. 

Ben said:

Grandes are a tougher sell for the typical Spencer's shopper who's there for vulgar coffee mugs and pot leaf posters. But yeah, the Grandes appear to be a home run for the most part and I'd love a brick & mortar option rather than rolling the dice with unknown stock on the internet and Mongo the FedEx guy who can't read "THIS END UP". I'm eagerly awaiting my 2 Grandes! No, Mongo, put the box right side up on my porch!!! (No offense to any hardworking FedEx employees!! Especially the guy that does my route!!!! Just kidding!)

Did anyone get a clear/purple Lava World heritage century  ?

Yeah a few people did, they have the same problems as all other heritage centuries.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service