Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Lava Lite's New Website & The NEW Heritage Collection

http://www.lavalamp.com/

The new Heritage Collection will be available to buy 10/28

**Updated the Heritage Collection will be released today on LavaLite Website at 10am CST. Heres a sneak peak!

*** http://lavalamp.com/heritage-collection ***

Views: 42075

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i hope it stays this way too, joanne.  the flow is perfect IMO.

aladdin - i completely agree with you.  it's been quite a hassle trying to get a replacement, but they finally came through.

My concern is this, I would like to buy a Colossus this fall....

But if the quality or flow is bad...  What is my recourse ?

Not so impressed with the current supply of lamps...

 Brad... do you have trading standards in the USA ?

 Brad said:i hope it stays this way too, joanne.  the flow is perfect IMO.

aladdin - i completely agree with you.  it's been quite a hassle trying to get a replacement, but they finally came through.

todd - unfortunately it seems that the only way to protect yourself is to wait and see what others experience when the lamps are released.

aladdin - about the only think i can think of is the better business bureau.  IF the company is a member of it, you can complain to them.  if a business gets too many complaints, they can be dropped from the BBB.  it's really bogus though.  the only other thing we can do is give negative reviews online that will hopefully persuade the company to provide better quality control.  otherwise, there isn't much else one can do.


Silly and true Brad... send em' back !
Brad said:

.

aladdin - about the only think i can think of is the better business bureau.  IF the company is a member of it, you can complain to them.  if a business gets too many complaints, they can be dropped from the BBB.  it's really bogus though.  the only other thing we can do is give negative reviews online that will hopefully persuade the company to provide better quality control.  otherwise, there isn't much else one can do.

i offered to send both of my centuries back along with my grande.  they never replied to that offer and just asked for some photos and shipping information for the replacement lamps.  now i have 2 grandes and 4 centuries, but only the replacements work.  cool i guess, but i have no intentions to buy another goo kit, and don't really feel like opening the bad ones to tinker with them.  i'm in a stage now where i just want to enjoy them.  lava lamps have become work, and i don't like that.  i want to enjoy them and relax now!

I feel a song coming on..."Burn  Hollywood Burn"...
 
Aladdin 2 Lava said:


Silly and true Brad... send em' back !
Brad said:

.

aladdin - about the only think i can think of is the better business bureau.  IF the company is a member of it, you can complain to them.  if a business gets too many complaints, they can be dropped from the BBB.  it's really bogus though.  the only other thing we can do is give negative reviews online that will hopefully persuade the company to provide better quality control.  otherwise, there isn't much else one can do.

Todd - unfortunately, you likely won't get a consensus on the Colossus.  The last run of the Colossus was polarizing as was the recent Heritage Grandes.  You go off of my feedback and you will want to get your order in the second Lava Lite allows you too.  You go off off the feedback of many other members on the site and you will want to save your money and run as far away from the lamp as you possible can.  I wish I could provide more helpful feedback, but I really can't.  I won't dismiss the experience other members have had.  Its just hard for me to comprehend as I am marking my one year anniversary with the lamp, the lamp has probably about 100 runs under its belt and I haven't had a single issue (except for the fact that they failed to initially provide the metal ring to mount the table to the base).  But I can only speak for me.  Others have spoken as well and you can find their feedback on the site.

I do hope they offer the Colossus again like its been hinted that they will.  I would absolutely love to get one, ideally in blue/white.  I just don't know what the last run of the Colossus meant for their bottom line though, and I wouldn't be surprised if they shelved plans to reintroduce it.  The lamp comes delivered on a semi, strapped to a pallet; not the easiest lamp to return.  I don't know what Lava Lite did for others who did face issues.  Any way you slice it or dice it though, I'm thinking Lava Lite took a pretty significant hit.  Full refund but let the customer keep the lamp as its too much of a hassle to get it shipped back?  Supply a replacement lamp and let the customer keep both lamps for the same too much of a hassle reason above?  I don't know enough about how they handled customer complaints to speculate.

So the morale of the story - you essentially need to purchase the lamp on faith.  If you are willing to do so is your decision.  In closing, I would like to wish my Colossus a Happy One Year Anniversary in my loving home.  I still adore you. 

Pics taken just hours ago, this evening...



Brad said:

todd - unfortunately it seems that the only way to protect yourself is to wait and see what others experience when the lamps are released.

if they offered a blue/white colossus, i would have a hard time saying no for sure.  i  just wish this company would be consistent with quality.  that way we could all be confident in our purchases.  jim said it nicely.  btw, really nice colossus there, jim.  

I might be alone here, but I love my Heritage Century lamp! It arrived frozen, had a super stubborn break-in with repeat sticking/decoiled lava, etc. But after a few days of assisted start-ups it's turned into a very nice lamp. The colors are vibrant and separated. Crystal clear. Nice flowy globs, not solid balls. The formula is definitely different than anything I've ever owned. Different flow style and the wax cools into a high hump at the bottom when off. When running, it looks impressive & high-end (especially when dimmed down a notch)...not like a $19.99 spencer. It's also nice to have a lava lamp in my favorite size that still looks good when I turn the lamp next to it off. Far fewer air bubbles in the bottle and the deflector ring in the base makes it look much more appealing in complete darkness. Nicely illuminated, highlighting the lava globs at the midpoint of the bottle...the current standard 52oz lamps spotlight the glass flaws more than the content of the bottle. The only lamps I've owned with deflector ringed bases are a blip (too small) and a grande (too big). 

I just wanted to throw out a positive for the Century model...I received it recently, so maybe improvements have been made? I've got another in blue/white coming soon. That might be a whole different nightmare story??

This is how my 2nd Heritage Century (LL Warranty replacement) is...the first few startups were rough but now its broken in and flows much better than the 1st one.  The 1st one was junk...all the lava just went to the top and stayed there.

So the 2nd Century was good...but now I'm having issues w/ the Heritage Grande.  A few weeks ago I posted some pics of the black flecks....well they seem to have suddenly really multiplied.  See the newest pics.  I emailed Susan, but it might be too late, since I bought the lamp back in November.

Do you have to fiddle with the dimmer? I have to turn mine down about 9 notches to not have all of the lava at the top of the globe.

gunner said:

I might be alone here, but I love my Heritage Century lamp!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Mark Goo created this Ning Network.

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2022   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service