Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Lava Lite's New Website & The NEW Heritage Collection

http://www.lavalamp.com/

The new Heritage Collection will be available to buy 10/28

**Updated the Heritage Collection will be released today on LavaLite Website at 10am CST. Heres a sneak peak!

*** http://lavalamp.com/heritage-collection ***

Views: 43086

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow. That's quite uneven, not even just a slight bit. Premium eh?

Also what's wrong with the bottom edge of the base? Like around the lip, it looks like it's cut or jagged, maybe that base got messed up somehow and they're using it for display?

Look at the rim of the lamp, the photo is distorted. It does have a fish eye effect after all. You all need to seriously chill out. This is what the color gold looks like.

These lamps definitely resemble the old centuries color closer than they do gold.

So can we wait until people start getting the lamps before we get all upset?

The Blob said:

I noticed that when I zoomed in on that photo of them running, that the "LAVA" logo is uneven on some of the bases.

You know what, I bet that pic was taken with the iPhone panoram mode and that's where the pic was "stitched" together. Look at the seam on the base. 

Hmm yeah that may be true. Probably a bad stitching on the panoramic pic.
I agree the labeling on the "copper" century is somewhat unfortunate, but the color is exactly what I expected. I assumed the old gold Centuries were supposed to mimic the copper Astros, so that's why they called the color copper. I also assumed the new Centuries would be the same color as the old ones, and the renderings on the website seemed to confirm that. I certainly think an actual copper Century would be amazing, but I'm not sure why anyone here expected that (without at least getting explicit confirmation from Lava Lamp).

The photo is distorted.

Critter said:

Probably prototypes

Rodrigo said:
Wow. That's quite uneven, not even just a slight bit. Premium eh?

Also what's wrong with the bottom edge of the base? Like around the lip, it looks like it's cut or jagged, maybe that base got messed up somehow and they're using it for display?

Yep its a panoramic, probably got stitched right at the logo causing it to look like that, also the rim of the top and bottom of the base are distorted, we definitely jumped the gun on that one so nevermind. But its nearing the end of the "business" day hours and i havent heard about my order shipping, so its most likely not going out today, again.

In the original photo if you zoom in you can see that the shelf is also distorted from panorama stitching.

Critter said:

I cannot tell, it may be. I am using a phone for access right now and the screen is too small for any detail.

Rodrigo said:

Yep its a panoramic, probably got stitched right at the logo causing it to look like that, also the rim of the top and bottom of the base are distorted, we definitely jumped the gun on that one so nevermind. But its nearing the end of the "business" day hours and i havent heard about my order shipping, so its most likely not going out today, again.

Does anyone happen to know if the Heritage Silver Century bases are silver plate or 100% pure sterling?  :-|

I'm so VERY tempted by the gold Century. Is it confirmed that this run will be all there is - that is, after these are gone, they won't make more of these models/colors?

100% confirmed. Even if the line continues, they will release new lamps and discontinue the old ones.

Jonas Clark-Elliott said:

I'm so VERY tempted by the gold Century. Is it confirmed that this run will be all there is - that is, after these are gone, they won't make more of these models/colors?

LMAO!

Keith said:

Marley's Ghost said:

So I guess that makes me both yours and Kirk's guinea pig, eh?  LOL    I'll try to come up with a really good pic so your wife can't resist!!   ;-))  (I hope)   You know me and pics..........UGH

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service