Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Lava Lite's New Website & The NEW Heritage Collection

http://www.lavalamp.com/

The new Heritage Collection will be available to buy 10/28

**Updated the Heritage Collection will be released today on LavaLite Website at 10am CST. Heres a sneak peak!

*** http://lavalamp.com/heritage-collection ***

Views: 43103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am excited I will be getting the green grande sometime soon. Bummed out for the poor outcome of the century but was wondering I may have missed it has anyone got the purple century I see that the b/w and red/y both are having major flow issues wondering if the purple was having the same problems. I have a 52 oz b/w i just got from spencers 2-3 months ago it flows ok for a china lamp wonder what the did with this batch.

Only one person who has commented had gotten the clear/purple Heritage Century, Cody, and it was unfortunately acting up too.   You'll love the Neon Green or Pink Grandes.   I'm watching my green one right now and it is spiking in the most wild patterns......love it!!!

Cody Rankins said:

I am excited I will be getting the green grande sometime soon. Bummed out for the poor outcome of the century but was wondering I may have missed it has anyone got the purple century I see that the b/w and red/y both are having major flow issues wondering if the purple was having the same problems. I have a 52 oz b/w i just got from spencers 2-3 months ago it flows ok for a china lamp wonder what the did with this batch.
Same thing with mine brad, stuck wax slow and poor flow and the cloudy yellow looks like dirty water :/ I slapped a USA clear/red on the heritage base at full blast and after almost 6 hours it barely got flowing! And that was with a 40w frosted replacement bulb because I suspected the bulb was weak..
My grande is still amazing but im starting to think the century may have to go back..

Brad said:

update: after 3 cycles, the b/w and r/y centuries still have wax stuck at the top.  the flow consists of mostly spheres.  when they cool, the wax stays in a dome shape at the bottom and does not flatten out like other lamps.  most of the bubbles in the r/y are gone, but the b/w contains large white chunks and lots of bubbles.  sadly, i'm starting to think that these need to go back.

the neon green grande flows like a champ though!  i'd say it's similar to the flow of a giant.

U can buy them at pool supply stores as well

Erin said:

Dang, I should have ordered some bulbs. Can these be purchased anywhere else? Are they 100W floods?

thanks for the update!

Marley's Ghost said:

Same here on the Century, Brad.  Mine never had any bubbles or those white chunks in it, but my Red Wizard had the white chunks, which melted and are not there now.  

I talked to Susan and she wanted the pics I posted of my yellow/red Century here on OG.  I told her it was not an isolated case, that several OGer's who bought these were having the same problems.  Mine also detaches from the coil all the time.   It is working a "bit" better with the 60w bulb, but just a blob flow, a few stretchy, which is better than it was with no flow at all on the 40w, and sticking wax.   These lamps are not getting hot enough. 

I did get my Red Wizard working though.  Not as well as the old lava Wizzies, but much more so than it was.

This R/Y Century has been on most of the day with a 60W bulb ... lack of flow ... it has been stuck like this for the last couple hours ...

Attachments:

Is it off the coil, DW?   Mine started that and I dimmed it down a bit and it worked.   But it still flows really bad in blobs.   But it wouldn't flow at all and stuck to the sides and top on 40w.

Drunken_Wisdom said:

This R/Y Century has been on most of the day with a 60W bulb ... lack of flow ... it has been stuck like this for the last couple hours ...

Be still my heart!  You know I think the Giants are the best flowing lamps LL ever made  -- creamy, undulating, dancing all over the globe!  If this green neon is similar to Giant flow, I can hardly wait to get mine!!!

Brad said:

the neon green grande flows like a champ though!  i'd say it's similar to the flow of a giant.

Yes ... cannot find "sweet spot" with dimmer ... if I adjust it too low, the wax at the top hardens ... had to wrap it in foil to get it melted ... have been trying everything to get this globe flowing ... disappointing.

My problem too.   Got it flowing with 60w, but can't find the sweet spot either.  It's maddening.  Today I talked to and sent Susan from LL the pictures I posted here a couple of days ago with it stuck all around the top.   She said they'd look into it.   Mine is flowing in blobs like yours now, but more of them.   The wax in the top is melted, so I figured it was finally overheating.  Turned down the dimmer and it's still up there.   Very frustrating.....

Drunken_Wisdom said:

Yes ... cannot find "sweet spot" with dimmer ... if I adjust it too low, the wax at the top hardens ... had to wrap it in foil to get it melted ... have been trying everything to get this globe flowing ... disappointing.

I've never seen a real Giant in person, but get ready, Kirk!!   This neon green is mesmerizing.  

Kirk said:

Be still my heart!  You know I think the Giants are the best flowing lamps LL ever made  -- creamy, undulating, dancing all over the globe!  If this green neon is similar to Giant flow, I can hardly wait to get mine!!!

Brad said:

I've been wondering if they added dimmers because the new lava is unpredictable.

With one exception, I've only had to dim a lamp when it started to overheat after being on for several hours.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service