Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Lava Lite's New Website & The NEW Heritage Collection

http://www.lavalamp.com/

The new Heritage Collection will be available to buy 10/28

**Updated the Heritage Collection will be released today on LavaLite Website at 10am CST. Heres a sneak peak!

*** http://lavalamp.com/heritage-collection ***

Views: 43086

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, that SUCKS about the base and cap! How would it even get boxed like that?!

I know.  It just kind of makes you just shake your head...

Erin said:

Wow, that SUCKS about the base and cap! How would it even get boxed like that?!

One of my grandes had the same EXACT dent, when i unboxed it the cap was jammed into the base opening, because it shipped upside down and the globe crushed the cap into the base, destroying the styrofoam. That globe looks AMAZINGLY clear though so goodluck with the flow, im sure it will be awesome!

Critter said:

The lid damage looks like production error. Dents don't happen like that in shipping.
Here's a cool pic of my pink grande warming up, the wax cork flipped upside down exposing the coils. Usually settles fine after it's all molten.
Attachments:

Looking great, Rodrigo!!   That flipping trick they pull is apparently not unusual.   Mine does it all the time, but both coils settle back to the bottom when all the wax is melted, you're correct about that.    Did you get that Pink today?  

Awesome!  This happens with my Giants, too.

Rodrigo said:

Here's a cool pic of my pink grande warming up, the wax cork flipped upside down exposing the coils. Usually settles fine after it's all molten.

It was Kirk who calmed me down when I freaked out when my Grande's wax flipped.  Whew, scared me to death.  ;-))

To you maybe, Crit.   But I never had a lamp that large before, or that nice!   If you don't ask, you don't know.

Critter said:

The big ones flip a lot.....no biggie.

I knew it was "supposed" to correct itself from watching some of my smaller lamps that occasionally did that.  I wasn't sure about the big one though till Kirk told me.   I still watched it like a "hawk" for hours.   LOL

Critter said:

LOL! I remember the first time I saw it. I realized it would self correct and I watched closely for a long time until it did.

I've actually had some recent globes that started off really cloudy but became crystal clear after a few weeks of cycling (plus some that were just terrible). The interesting thing is, the clearing wasn't constant. It looked like nothing was happening for a couple weeks, and then they suddenly started to clear up dramatically. Grandes certainly take longer, but I do have a purple / yellow where the wax looks like the globes that cleared up (the texture is a bit different than the bad lamps) that's clearing up slowly as well.

My suggestion would be to give the any cloudy lamps a few weeks to see what happens.

Critter said:

I have seen the white waxy coating many times and it has always cleared up with running. Cloudiness has always cleared for me too with US globes. But these new Grande's may well be ruined only time will tell.
I would arrange a return over the extreme cloudiness.

I must have gotten all the recent ones that will never clear, Alfred.   I cycled them for "months" and none of them ever cleared or showed any signs of clearing.   But I've had excellent results with foggy old US globes.  All of them cleared, it just takes a while. 

Alfred said:

I've actually had some recent globes that started off really cloudy but became crystal clear after a few weeks of cycling (plus some that were just terrible). The interesting thing is, the clearing wasn't constant. It looked like nothing was happening for a couple weeks, and then they suddenly started to clear up dramatically. Grandes certainly take longer, but I do have a purple / yellow where the wax looks like the globes that cleared up (the texture is a bit different than the bad lamps) that's clearing up slowly as well.

My suggestion would be to give the any cloudy lamps a few weeks to see what happens.

Critter said:

I have seen the white waxy coating many times and it has always cleared up with running. Cloudiness has always cleared for me too with US globes. But these new Grande's may well be ruined only time will tell.

How did you cycle the lamps? Like how long each day did you run them for, mainly the Grande? My Grande is extremely cloudy, but I have had it for about 6 years now with a 5 year dormant period, and I really want to try cycling it to see if it helps. I would love for it to clear up some at least.. It is purple/yellow.

Alfred said:

Critter said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service