Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Lava Lite's New Website & The NEW Heritage Collection

http://www.lavalamp.com/

The new Heritage Collection will be available to buy 10/28

**Updated the Heritage Collection will be released today on LavaLite Website at 10am CST. Heres a sneak peak!

*** http://lavalamp.com/heritage-collection ***

Views: 43086

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In my limited experience, several weeks is not enough for a lamp the size of a Grande. Also, my older Grande from China never cleared up. My newer blue / yellow arrived clear and my newer purple / yellow arrived cloudy, but has been steadily clearing up. (And I'll soon see about my brand new neon green!)

Egnix said:

I have a hard time believing cycling helps China-made lamps.  I cycled my cloudy red/clear Grande 8 hours on / 8 hours off for several weeks and it made no difference.  It only clears up after being off for several weeks, and it clouds back up once it is on again.

I highly suggest that anyone with a crappy lamp contact lava lite and let them know that you are not happy. These lamps are totally unacceptable, and a slap in the face. These were supposed to be lamps for the collectors community. Not only do they not live up to the quality of what they are marketed as, they don't even live up to the quality of their cheaper lamps. If they cannot produce quality lamps in a small production run like this then they will never be able to do it larger scale. This is the tipping point for me. I do not expect them to ever improve. Without Dale there is no hope.

I just emailed Susan
Im glad more and more people are starting to realize and agree with what you just said autumn. I've been complaing about the heritage for a few days now and I knew it would only be a matter of time for even the most laid back member on here to get ticked off and feel tricked by these lamps.

That said, I think it's clear, Rodrigo, that most of the Grandes are stellar, even if the smaller lamps aren't.

Can I get a report from everyone who has a heritage lamp? I want to get a ratio of good to bad lamps and I will send my findings to lava lite. Photos will help as well.

Oh i TOTALLY agree with you on that. My pink grande is nothing short of amazing every time so far.

Jonas Clark-Elliott said:

That said, I think it's clear, Rodrigo, that most of the Grandes are stellar, even if the smaller lamps aren't.

Definitely include me in the bad lamps

I got a terrible century.. It won't let me upload more than one pic at a time, but on top of the terribly bent base I'm having the same poor flow issues where it all flows up, gets stuck and never comes down, if I dim it, it just hardens and retains shape. Even when running for 12 hours full power it cools down domed with a lot of wax at the top.
Attachments:
Here's the base
Attachments:

2 good grandes, 1 meh wizard,

Wizard flows but if I turn on a ceiling fan it freezes instantly.  It would be fine except it's in the same exact spot every other lava lamp in my kitchen has been in and they all ran perfectly fine there, fan or no fan.  It is very temperature sensitive.

Ditto here, Bridget, except I haven't gotten my Pink Grande yet, but the Green is perfection so far.   The Red Wizard looks great, but has very boring small blob flow and is really slow moving.   We all already know the Century is toast.  Too bad about the smaller lamps, the bases are lovely and we could have at least used other globes we already have on them, but they are not generating enough heat to do even that.  You're right about them being very temp sensitive also.

Bridget T said:

2 good grandes, 1 meh wizard,

Wizard flows but if I turn on a ceiling fan it freezes instantly.  It would be fine except it's in the same exact spot every other lava lamp in my kitchen has been in and they all ran perfectly fine there, fan or no fan.  It is very temperature sensitive.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service