Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Lava Lite's New Website & The NEW Heritage Collection

http://www.lavalamp.com/

The new Heritage Collection will be available to buy 10/28

**Updated the Heritage Collection will be released today on LavaLite Website at 10am CST. Heres a sneak peak!

*** http://lavalamp.com/heritage-collection ***

Views: 43086

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was wondering if the blue/white ones were just warming up.  If not, that looks like great flow.

Anyone here have a blue/white one?

Jeff said:

Yea the only ones that looks like they are working right are the blue/white ones.   

My yellow/red Century has now been on about 4 hours and is just starting to get moving. A lot of wax is up at the top and seems to have re-hardened. Some of it is coming back down. I really wanted to like this lamp, but $50 is too much. I am leaning towards returning it. 

Yeah that's exactly how I feel, except I'm set on returning it. A replacement would be pointless since the problems with these lamps are bigger than cloudy liquid and dented bases, I too really wanted to like them because the bases are really pretty

Erin - a word of encouragement. My neon green Grande arrived yesterday with the same, dreaded "white dust," and I was suitably alarmed as well. However, after running for 13 hours now at full power, the lamp is crystal clear and flowing like a champ. Fingers crossed for you!

Thanks for posting that, Rob!   I am hoping my Pink Grande will be here tomorrrow and was really worrying about that happening to Erin.   My Green didn't have any white powder junk in it.   But Erin's didn't either at first, I don't think. How did it just appear? 

Yeah, I had to backtrack a ways through this thread, and I realized this was happening to her after it had been running fine. (I was thinking this was on the initial run.) Guess my words of encouragement don't really apply, unfortunately. Of course, I'm now wondering if I get to look forward to this happening to my lamp as well. Kinda sad I get this worked up over a freaking lamp.

Probably because we pay good money for these lamps!   I guess we'll just have to wait and see what shows up.  It's below freezing outside here too.  Worry about heat, then worry about freezing temps and the dreaded white powder.   Fingers crossed for all of us!

My Grande just arrived! There is no damage to the base or cap, they look beautiful. The constellation-like hole pattern is beautiful as expected. It's in its home, the Grande* removed, sitting beside my 03 Giant Lava from 1997. I can't wait to see how it flows!

*The Grande blue glitter, now empty, is off to its new home, probably to be goo-kitted. The contents will be used for refills. First lamp to be refilled: my double Florence art, which arrived filled with mineral oil by some former owner. It looks stellar.

Jonas- I just bought a Grande blue glitter globe.  I'm wondering how it flows, but I'm now encouraged that I see you're using it to refill some of your more precious lamps.  Do you know what they used for liquid in it?  

You're going to love the new Grande!

Jonas Clark-Elliott said:

*The Grande blue glitter, now empty, is off to its new home, probably to be goo-kitted. The contents will be used for refills. First lamp to be refilled: my double Florence art, which arrived filled with mineral oil by some former owner. It looks stellar.

Very nice, Bill.  What do you think of the pink neon color?

I agree.  Just ordered the pink.  Thanks.

Critter said:

All Goo Heads should have both of these.....

Well, I got my neon green grande last week but the bulb came broken,so I got a replacement bulb. I turned it on full power yesterday and after 9 hours of running it did nothing more than spike up but never flowed so I turned it off to try again today except now it doesnt turn on at  all. Thinking the bulb had blown, I tested it in another socket and it works fine. I also tested another working bulb in the grande base socket but it did not work either ,so now it seems the socket is disfunctional. Unfortunately I'm not electrically inclined so I'm not sure why it stopped working after I shut it off. The dimmer switch is completely turned up so I know its not that the dimmer accidently got turned down. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service