Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Lava Lite's New Website & The NEW Heritage Collection

http://www.lavalamp.com/

The new Heritage Collection will be available to buy 10/28

**Updated the Heritage Collection will be released today on LavaLite Website at 10am CST. Heres a sneak peak!

*** http://lavalamp.com/heritage-collection ***

Views: 43106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Definitely exceeds my expectations, Erin.  Off to order a Grande.  :>)

Erin said:

Here's a vid. Don't mind the birds in the background. :) http://oozinggoo.ning.com/video/heritage-grande-lava-lamp-from-lava... 

Yay! I'm on the lookout for stuck wax around the bottom. So far, I haven't seen it. But it's early. 

Kirk, let me know if you get that problem with the unsecure ordering page. I wanted to order again today, but had issues with the website. 

Will do, Erin.  And thanks so much for posting the videos!  Glad you are here!

Thanks Kirk. :) I am so pleased with this lamp so far!!!

I had the same issues yesterday when logging in and paying a few bills online. Several sites I tried logging into gave me security errors from Google. I would say there is some type of error on Googles end but it was enough for me to break out the old check book and write a few.

On to the lamps....

The vids you posted are stunning, the lamp looks perfect. Im hooked on the pink but if I buy it, I would HAVE to get the green too.

Erin said:

Yay! I'm on the lookout for stuck wax around the bottom. So far, I haven't seen it. But it's early. 

Kirk, let me know if you get that problem with the unsecure ordering page. I wanted to order again today, but had issues with the website. 

Plugged mine in last night and have to say the grandes are worth every penny.  They are gorgeous.  The green had several smears of wax along the widest part of the base when it came, the pink acquired them during the heating process.  Neither has managed to burn them off yet.  So far, those smears which are very visible are the most disappointing thing about these lamps.

The grandes are both flowing (turned them on before bed last night) and they both are gorgeous.  Very similar flow to my colossus. Lots of columns, wobbly blobs, and even some light rain.  The green seems to need less heat to run as it was almost overheating this morning (lots of wax at the top), inclusion of dimmers was one of LL better ideas.

The poor wizard is due to be goo kitted or swapped for an American globe at this rate.  It flows fine but is super boring.  I've been watching my USA 32oz at work all week and they have super interesting flow, so I'm going to have to say this wax formula doesn't work in smaller globes.  I just don't think it gets enough temp difference to be interesting is small versions. Current plan is to put it on a timer and cycle it to see if it gets more interesting. 

I hope eventually the wax smears melt away on the grandes, as those are really the only detriment to two really nice lamps.  I hope they keep offering those heritage styles, because I would be deeply inclined to add to the collection.

Oh yea, all globes have bubbles, but they are very tiny and not obvious unless you're looking for them.  My one grande globe as an external flaw at the top where it looks like a bubble popped before the glass cooled all the way, but it does not interfere with anything and I didn't even notice it until this morning, it just adds texture to the exterior globe.

Thanks for the write-up Bridget! I have a flaw in the glass up at the top of my grande, too, that I thought was a crack, but it's not. Just an imperfection.

Going to run the Wizard again today, but my first run was less than impressive.

The Grande is amazing. Ordered the green one too. And a yellow/red Century.

I'm still waiting on a review for the century, I don't know whether it's big enough to get good flow, and I'm waiting on finding that out before ordering one.  Mostly want the blue/white since those are harder to find on ebay than the yellow/reds.

What I find interesting is that these grandes flow much better than my blue/yellow I got awhile back to replace a cloudy purple/yellow.  I may have to run them side by side to show the difference, it's remarkable.

Hmm… neon blue Colossus?! I resisted buying one before because I really don't have space. But I don't think it would be possible to resist neon blue.

Buy the Grandes, they are gorgeous and the flow is beyond amazing!    I have very few positive remarks about  either the Wizard or Century, but have decided to give them a chance and more run time before making any more comments.   If anyone is on the fence, and can afford it, you're funds will be best spent on the Grandes.   Perfection..........

Great to hear, Libby!  You were my choice for judging these lamps -- you do have a discriminating eye, you know!  :>)  I'm off to buy a green Grande!

Mine just came in!!! Im SO happy that my pink grande is 100% clear and in excellent shape. However its not all good because the yellow/red 52 is a bit hazy, which may go away but there is a BIG dent on the base, where the globe sits, its terribly off-round and the globe wobbles on the base quite a bit, should I try to get a new base or try to straighten it? It wont ever be perfectly round, and for 50$ i kind of expected no dents :/

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service