Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Lava Lite's New Website & The NEW Heritage Collection

http://www.lavalamp.com/

The new Heritage Collection will be available to buy 10/28

**Updated the Heritage Collection will be released today on LavaLite Website at 10am CST. Heres a sneak peak!

*** http://lavalamp.com/heritage-collection ***

Views: 43086

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL!! That is truly hilarious. I wish you the best of luck sneaking those bad boys in there somewhere!!

I started seeing some weird black/dirt looking stuff in the actual wax of my pink grande about 3 days ago, i dont know what it could be but im scared that it may be reproducing. Seems like theres more today than before. I added some pics.

Ben said:
This has to be played very carefully. The wife doesn't know I ordered them. They just have to "appear" amongst the lamp collection like they've been there all the long. Patience, grasshopper!
Attachments:
Another pic here.
Attachments:

thats weird as fuh Rodrigo

Rodrigo, did you look at the coils in the bottom and see if any gunk or rust was on them?   That don't look good at all!! 

I just checked it. The coils look fine so theyre not rusting but idk where that stuff came from. I never saw it until a couple of days/cycles ago.

Marley's Ghost said:

Rodrigo, did you look at the coils in the bottom and see if any gunk or rust was on them?   That don't look good at all!! 

I think my wife is just happy I'm playing with lava lamps 'n golf clubs now instead of racing enduro cars at the local dirt track. But honestly I think golf can be just as dangerous as racing! Maybe when the kids are older & I have more time I can get back into my more dangerous hobbies.

If the coils are clean, dang, I don't know where that stuff came from!   Especially since you've never seen it before!   Look up under the cap and see if the underside of it is clean too, Rodrigo.   If it is, this is a mystery to me, and a worrisome one too!   I'll be watching mine now.

Rodrigo said:

I just checked it. The coils look fine so theyre not rusting but idk where that stuff came from. I never saw it until a couple of days/cycles ago.

Marley's Ghost said:

I would have suspected the coils too...I hope its not small bits of burnt or "cooked" wax?

I was thinking the same thing, Jeff, and hoping it wasn't scorched wax.  But these lamps don't overheat easily, and I doubt Rodrigo has let it get too hot, I hope not anyway.

Doesn't look like bits of burnt wax cuz those usually look brown or yellowish. This looks more lost straight dirt or something, there is some on the bottom but couldn't see much. I'm gonna let it run today and the cool down and check the coils tomorrow. One thing I noticed is that it only comes up when warming up. When it's fully heated and flowing the black stuff doesn't show as much

That's really odd. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing that! I hope it doesn't happen to other lamps. 

Rodrigo said:

Doesn't look like bits of burnt wax cuz those usually look brown or yellowish. This looks more lost straight dirt or something, there is some on the bottom but couldn't see much. I'm gonna let it run today and the cool down and check the coils tomorrow. One thing I noticed is that it only comes up when warming up. When it's fully heated and flowing the black stuff doesn't show.
Hopefully it doesn't, Im just glad I didn't get that random clouding up issue but at least that stuff doesn't always show. Still weird and if it seems that more shows up then I'll ask for a new globe or something, but I love this lamp.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service