Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Lava Lite's New Website & The NEW Heritage Collection

http://www.lavalamp.com/

The new Heritage Collection will be available to buy 10/28

**Updated the Heritage Collection will be released today on LavaLite Website at 10am CST. Heres a sneak peak!

*** http://lavalamp.com/heritage-collection ***

Views: 43086

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Flow on the 2 versions of the heritage seems to be similar but the "2.0" may be a little less cluttered because it has less wax, also the single coil and closer bulb may make it snake more but it's warming up now for the second time so I'll wait and see later today.

Are you guys talking about the Grande or the Heritage models???  You seem to be using the terms interchangeably. They are two different models.  There is no such thing as a "Heritage Grande" as far as I can tell from the web site.

Yea there is. A grande is a grande, that just refers to the size of it. Whether it's a heritage grande (black base with pinholes and clear pink/green globe) or a regular grande (silver base with purple yellow or blue yellow globe) both are grande lamps, one is the limited "heritage grande" while the other one should always be available to buy. Additionally the "heritage" lamps (32oz wizard, 52oz century and grande) are only available through lava lite online. If you go on the website you'll see that under the grande lamps they list all 4 models: the regular grande with silver base (2 colors available), and the new and limited "heritage" grande (also 2 color choices)

The Heritage Grande just came out at the end of October, Mark.   Look at the "Heritage Collection" displayed on the home page.   The new Heritage Grandes have black bases.

ok the lamps are here today (thur) and i just fired them up.  all three are clear (THANK GOD) and bases etc in good shape.  the purple/yellow grande had a slightly bent light socket that was gently pulled back into a straight position.  lamps are 'sparkly' thou with the glass flaws but i'll live with that vs cloudy.  first run started at 630pm EST so I'm only 20 mins into it.

I confirm there is less wax on the 2.0 heritage compared to the purp/yellow (id say as much as ¼ inch less at the bottom by eyeballing it) and definitely closer bulb at the bottom.

the fluid level was slightly lower on the 2.0 vs the purl/yellow too, even below the cap line.

I'm just glad they are here and it breaks my bad run of cloudy shipped lamps  

hey - just wanted to see if you had a second to post the cap code on the new century.  also - if anyone has one for these new grandes, that would be great.  just trying to see if LL made new ones with improvements.

Jeff said:

Interesting on the bulb being moved closer...makes me want to get a newer base now...My heritage grande flows good once it gets warmed up but it takes almost 8 hours....which is adding up to a lot of wasted electricity for no joy :(  I too had to put an extender on my older purple/yellow grande (at the suggestion of Marely's Ghost) which got that one flowing like a champ now.  Also heats up to flow in just under 4 hours from cold. 

I wonder if they'll send replacement bases out if that corrects those temp issues?

Brad, I'll get you the cap code on the replacement Century tomorrow...I forgot before I turned it on tonight and its already hot.  Up too high on the shelf to see it without taking the globe down.

I ordered mine friday got it yesterday. I ran it for 10 hr let it rest for 8hr and have it running again. You guys were right this lamp is great!!! I had to talk my wife into letting me open it up and run it since it is my christmas present. Im not sure on these newer lamps how to make out the cap codes but from bottom to top mine is H6812 13100902 A1. Mine also only has one coil in the globe and the bulb sits really close to the globe almost like the clearview i have, it is even with the ledge the globe sits on.
The cap code is from top to bottom i typed that wrong. That is what happens when I look at my lamp and type.

soooo what does happen to a grande if it freezes?

thanks!  your lamps is from a different run than the first heritage grandes LL released.  i bought mine the first day they were available, and the cap code is 13092501 (made sept. 23, 2013).

Cody Rankins said:

I ordered mine friday got it yesterday. I ran it for 10 hr let it rest for 8hr and have it running again. You guys were right this lamp is great!!! I had to talk my wife into letting me open it up and run it since it is my christmas present. Im not sure on these newer lamps how to make out the cap codes but from bottom to top mine is H6812 13100902 A1. Mine also only has one coil in the globe and the bulb sits really close to the globe almost like the clearview i have, it is even with the ledge the globe sits on.

Are you saying your Grande froze, Jo?   If so, it's Blankey time till it completely melts.  Go back a few pages where I went into great detail telling Ben about it. 

Joanne said:

soooo what does happen to a grande if it freezes?

well my neon grandes are sitting on a tarmac somewhere right now

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service