Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

It has been a while since I posted any goodies like this, but I have not been cast away from the grace of Lava Lite I assure you. Here is their newest product that will be coming to stores soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddhFLhgdKUE&feature=youtu.be

Views: 2013

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I actually like it.  It's interesting and different.  Much better than the boring silver bases that they had for years.  I like the Seventies throwback rainbow theme too.  I will most likely get one.  I would love to see a new take on some of the old designs, as I have said before, Seventies and Sixties styles in particular.  And yes, bring back some Nineties designs as well.  I am pleased with the Neons to no end (skipped the Clearview) as it seems like the quality has been started to be restored.

I wanna know why they think their Midnight 32oz lamps wouldn't sell in this time???  I like the contemporary look.  I don't want a Lava Lite that is going to pop out like a sore thumb.  

I mean this lamp looks like it would belong in a circus.  I hope I don't offend Lava Lite.  I like where they are headed, I just think they can do better.  Why not come out with an entire rainbow series in 32oz???  Have different color themes going on.  Kind of like the Psychedelic swirls.  

Being a new admirer and collector, I'm attracted by the beauty of this art form and its rich history.  

Good to know that Lava Lite's business model is achieving its goals.  I want them to be successful.  I'm sure there is room for limited edition, retro runs of the Century model -- awesome lamp, and several others.  Love the Carlisle and Wizard, too.  These are really great lamps with wide appeal.  Seems other vintage models have admirers here, too. :>)

I don't give a damn if they produce these lamps in China (my Colossus is excellent quality with great flow ...once it got started...) or USA as long as the quality is monitored and maintained.  Give me snake-like flow, please!  Seriously, how hard can it be?  LL did it for 30 years, and I keep buying the older lamps to get what I want!

If the flow is right, I'll buy the Rainbow.  Don't really care for the lines in the base - too monochromatic for me, but the flow is the deal for me.  Get that right, and I'll buy it.  

To grow, LL needs to develop and produce creative, new concepts that also sell.  After the Talon Merchant acquisition, I'm sure there was an expectation to show a return.  It sounds like they are achieving their revenue and income goals.  China was probably key to this.

Being a private company, we aren't privy to their staffing model, but it would be nice to know that they have folks in place that are capable of creating quality, creative products that can be successfully marketed.  

I'm a "glass half full" sorta' guy, so I want to believe that LL is working on the next big thing, but even if they aren't, there is plenty of rich, lava history for me to explore.  Glad to be on this journey with you goo heads!

I don't personally care for this design, but I don't have to like every single new thing to appreciate new things coming out. I'm glad to see variety!

I'm excited to see something new, but not wowed by this lamp. I'd like to see one in the store and might pick one up. 

Thanks for the cool pic, the LL shape next to the Playmate cooler, Coke, Maker's Mark and Jadore (my wife's favorite perfume.

Yep, looks like my house

Autumn said:

Actually Lava Lite's shape is more positively viewed than you might think. When people think "lava lamp" they think of the classic shape. The shape is not holding them back at all. The photo below is of a lava lamp in the US Patent and Trade office. The patent itself protects Lava Lite from competitors using their shape. And guess what? Competitors want to use their shape. Why? Because it is well known and makes money. Coca cola's signature is not seen as tired and passe, neither are McDonalds golden arches.

I agree with Smirkle, I enjoy watching lamps with snake-like flow & smaller wax balls that are active.  I bought two of the China neon 52 ozers and an orange liquid/black wax lamp within the last 4 months and on only one of those three lamps I would say the wax is fairly active.  The other two have very slow wax flow, maybetwo or three big balls going at a time, totally boring to watch.  I wish they'd change the formula.  I'm another one who buys the older lamps because I totally appreciate their mesmerizing flow.  My vote on this lamp is, it looks nice, but how does it perform? 

Speaking of flow, I have to say after restoring my first grande with a Magma tower goo kit , I now see the most beautiful stretchy plumes and fat globules. Much better than most lava lites I have pre/post china manfacturing. MT is doing soemthing right with their formula for sure

You mean they were doing something right. Their formula has been quite crappy lately.

Al Chemysto said:

Speaking of flow, I have to say after restoring my first grande with a Magma tower goo kit , I now see the most beautiful stretchy plumes and fat globules. Much better than most lava lites I have pre/post china manfacturing. MT is doing soemthing right with their formula for sure

Lucky me then guess. I got a good batch of goo on my first purchase and use a week ago then (see my videos here .

http://oozinggoo.ning.com/forum/topics/grande-goo-replacement-with-...)

ALthough their UV green coloring is anything but. More like a pale yellow (nothing like "electric" yellow of the 90s)
Dr. WHAT?! said:

You mean they were doing something right. Their formula has been quite crappy lately.

Al Chemysto said:

Their UV is actual UV reactive. So if you block the bulb light and use a external blacklight bulb you'll see.

It's still not green though. The coloring itself when exposed to blacklight looks UV yellow more than anything. Not even close to the UV green of the electrics. I will try what you said though and try the lamp light off to see if the color still "pops" in bathed in UV light.

Is there a 100 watt blacklight bulb safe for use in the lamp? I know smaller bulbs get crazy HOT. I fail to see how useful UV reactive colors are if the standard laval lite bulb just washes the color out with regualr light.

Dr. WHAT?! said:

Their UV is actual UV reactive. So if you block the bulb light and use a external blacklight bulb you'll see.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service