Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Lava Lites 50th anniversary? Any thoughts on what new lamps may be released?

I hope we will see something real nice from LL since we will not be seeing another colossus run!

Views: 1067

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow Critter, let's hope the next owner moves production back to the usa and decides to make some fun shaped bottles!!!  Wouldn't that be cool??  I think you're right as far as LL as a company limiting themselves to just that one trademarked shape.  If you think from a business prospective, they could open up a whole new market and possibly entice a whole new generation with some different shaped bottles.  I'm more of the hippie who still like the "traditional" lava shaped globe because that is what I grew up with, but why not entice the new kids with some cool shapes??  Oh well, this remains to be seen....one of the great mysteries of the lava world, lol!!!

Sounds great to me!!

george s. said:

I would like to see a Saturn V rocket witha bottle comparable to the lunars  and full replica graphics....Am I asking for too much?

I would buy one..or  two...

Also, check out the lamp in the foreground, bottom right - The Apollo.  From the late 60's shaped after the command module.  Very rare!

Wow imagine scoring that one on ebay!!!  Wonder what that would go for? 

The cost would be . . . . .   Astronomical!! 

Carol Morrow said:

Wow imagine scoring that one on ebay!!!  Wonder what that would go for? 

50th anniversary sounds exiting and all that but let's be honest. We've already experienced a repeated disappointment with the heritage series (at least I did) so i am totally and completely convinced that they will come out (if they do release something) with some really basic and crappy quality china lamps, just like the heritage series. They will all be made in china with crappy glass and formula, unfortunately. Lava lite will also NEVER come back to USA production, the likelihood of that happening is similar to that of them making a lunar-style lamp for the 50th anniversary.

So honestly I'm not expecting more than a rebranded and repackaged 52oz lamp with some gimmicky "dimmer" base as an excuse to charge 50$ for a lamp. Just my .02 but good luck to those who decide to be the guinea pigs this time around.

im suprised no ones asked for a non-cloudy bottle and one that flows when bought new LOL  sorry i couldnt help myself there..  bad johnny 

I'm not down for the whole guina pig thing, lol!!!  Even my last purchase of my 52 oz pink liquid/white lava which I luv is flippin coil at every start up!!!   This will be my last china lamp!!!  I may even give it to my daughter for her room and repurchase a vintage if I can find a pink liquid/white lava on ebay!!!  Even though the flow isn't bad on the pink/white, it still is NOTHING compared to my vintage lamp flows.  Also, I was super shocked to see how my blue swirl which came hazed up from shipping cleared up in as little as a week, but my china neons just got worse and worse.......So as much as I had my eye on the red/clear Wizard on the LL site, I'm afraid i'm going to pass.  I'd rather take that money and score a nice find on ebay!!! 

I also do not think there will be a USA comeback as far as LL is concerned.  I've never saw someone sell out to china and backpeddle to the USA!!  Sad but true!!

P.S., My 8.79 classic clear liquid/black lava lamp has horrible flow. 

Keith the lamp in the lower right looks to be the Expo. 70 souvenir light. Yep it is rare a few months ago one sold on ebay for about $225 so not horribly pricey. Some believe this light dates to 1967 but it does not. However, the Expo logo that was on the lamp was trademarked in 1967 and that trademark date does appear. But the lamp itself is from 1970. Neat little consort based lamp but to me not that good looking. If it is not the Expo lamp with logo it certainly appears to use the same base.

Keith said:

Also, check out the lamp in the foreground, bottom right - The Apollo.  From the late 60's shaped after the command module.  Very rare!

When is Lava Lites' 50th?

Potato's potatoe's ;)   The one on the lower LEFT is the expo.  Same shape on both lamps, different color.  

Scroll way down on the linked page

http://oozinggoo.ning.com/page/consort-lava-lamp-varieties

Critter said:

Keith the lamp in the lower right looks to be the Expo. 70 souvenir light. Yep it is rare a few months ago one sold on ebay for about $225 so not horribly pricey. Some believe this light dates to 1967 but it does not. However, the Expo logo that was on the lamp was trademarked in 1967 and that trademark date does appear. But the lamp itself is from 1970. Neat little consort based lamp but to me not that good looking. If it is not the Expo lamp with logo it certainly appears to use the same base.

Keith said:

Wow!!!  Just had fun looking at the consort link!!!  I cannot believe some of those lamps existed!!!!  The Executive with the pen holders on each side!!!  What a Hoot!!!  Haaa......so Brady Bunch like!!!  And the religious ones.....either a cross or a menorah........soooo interesting!!!

I really like the gemlites!!!  I have to keep my eye out on ebay for one of those......do they come up from time to time?  I have seen the one with the black wrought iron scrolls, the Mediterraen I think it is called??  but the lava looked pretty beat...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service