Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

This a fun thread and something we used to do years ago.

When you see a lava lamp on TV. Name the show/episode/time and what model you saw. 

You will be amazed at how often lava lamps are in our entertainment. 

Views: 4532

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just spotted what appeared to be a Century 101 in a 1966 episode of 'Gidget' called 'A Hard Day's Night'. It had almost neon green liquid and red/orange lava. This is one of the earliest appearances of Lava on TV and a rare color combo as well.

NEAT!

I love it! A model 101.

Now I want to see that movie!

At some point in January the show Tanked will do an episode for Lava lite and Spencer's. Dale will be in the show as well as the CEO of Spencer's.

Yeah Haggerty took the lamps with him when he quit running Lava Lite.

Jonas Clark-Elliott said:

When I visited Haggerty in 1999, they had zero old lamps. They had a few old brochures, but told me that execs tended to nab a few things when they left. The collection of vintage lamps seen in video footage taken at the factory absolutely must date since that time. I'm sure the Haggertys took all of those with them, since they took the effort to get them all. The backgrounds also show some Creators' (out of business by then) rain lamps, Creators' having been a division of Haggerty near its end.

Gonna have to catch this for sure as I enjoy Tanked.  Please Lava Lite, do yourselves a favor and utilize US made lava so you can show off your good side with clear liquid and proper flow.  Don't want to make those fish go belly up.  :-)

Autumn said:

At some point in January the show Tanked will do an episode for Lava lite and Spencer's. Dale will be in the show as well as the CEO of Spencer's.

And I fully realize that bringing back the wave machine has been shot down, but what a missed opportunity here.  This would have been a perfect chance to reintroduce the wave machine considering the aquatic nature of this show.

Jim said:

Gonna have to catch this for sure as I enjoy Tanked.  Please Lava Lite, do yourselves a favor and utilize US made lava so you can show off your good side with clear liquid and proper flow.  Don't want to make those fish go belly up.  :-)

How often do you see a wave machine on tv? Just saw an episode of x-files where you get a pretty good view on one :)

From an episode of "Community" called "The Psychology of Letting Go".

Chevy Chase plays 'Pierce', who according to his religion, believes his recently deceased mother is not dead- but only temporarily vaporized and stored in a 'energon pod', and will return in a few years.

Found a strange lava lamp sighting on a 1969 episode of 'Hawaii Five-0'. It looks like an 'Elegant' size bottle in an Enchantress base with some kind of bumpy material (gold foil?) on the upper part of the base. In one shot, it shows it with the cap, in another shot, the cap has disappeared. Maybe this episode should be called "The Case Of The Missing Gold Cap"....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service